"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Friday, June 11, 2010

Arizona!

My family all got together in Arizona last week - except Nate who had to work and study for the CPA Exam :(. It's a little crazy getting together with my family as there are 12 grandkids, 9 of which are under the age of 4. And only 4 of them are girls.

Yeah. Crazy.
This picture is minus Karly and Eliza (the newest baby)

Also, there always seems to be a sickness that circulates (mostly through the kids) when we all get together, so Karly has been sick (no idea what it is...) off and on since we got home. Bummer. But we had so much fun while we were there!!

We spent a good part of our time there in the pool (where else would we be when it's like 300 degrees down there?!). Karly totally hated it the first time and cried the whole time (I think she was tired to add to it) but loved it after that. She even started kicking in her little feet. Maybe she'll be a swimmer like her mommy!

She is pretty much asleep in this picture. She almost fell asleep a couple of times in the pool. Thanks for playing with her AJ!

We tried to do activities that would keep the kids (ok, let's be honest, and the adults) entertained and sane. :) We went to the Children's Museum. Karly had a blast with a table covered in sand. She got bored by the time I thought of taking a picture. Sigh...

Natalie, Ben, Myles, Mel, Suzie and Charlie in the Art Room

We also went to a place called Amazing Jakes - it's an indoor (aka COOL - as in not roasting) little amusement park and all you can eat buffet. Don't worry, we got our money's worth with the soft serve ice cream. Seriously. I alone had about 5 of them (and I wonder why I can't lose those last few pounds I've been trying to...). Anyway, they had bumper cars, a bowling alley, a carousel, a train ride of kids, tons of arcade games, etc. Way fun.
Despite her expression in this picture, she did like the carousel.
AJ and James on the carousel in front of us.

Since it's so stinkin' hot in Arizona, I thought I'd see if I could cook an egg on the street.

It didn't work. I think after like an hour, the edges started to turn white. So don't believe it when you hear "it's hot enough to cook an egg." Lies. :)

Let me just tell you a little about my dad. He was on vacation. And this is what he was doing:
And this was only one of his many projects. I love it - he's always doing something. :) He did spend quite a bit of time with his grandkids though and loved holding Karly. And did I get a picture? Of course not.
And this is what Mel did the whole time. :) hehe

And finally, a big part of the reason we were all there, was to meet this little girl:
The newest addition to this crazy clan, Eliza. Such a little cutie who hates her car seat as much as Karly! :)

Thanks for the great week you guys! I miss you already!

2 comments:

Yomama said...

Yeah, the only problem with getting together is that it's harder to be apart for a while afterward... Thanks to you and Nate for making the sacrifice, and for sharing in the work as well as the fun!
Sure do love y'all,
Yomama
P.S. Think about Bear Lake as a destination vacation for the next mob gathering...

D/E G said...

Okay, I had to comment quick, though tis keyboard is a disaster (blame typos on it). This is a GREAT post tht summed it up well! Thanks for hanging out with us all!I think CO would be a good location for a get together sometime too--though Bear Lake could be fun and cooliSH! ;0 hI to Nate and his fam!