"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, July 07, 2010




I don't really have any updates, but it's almost 2:00 AM and I can't sleep and I've already looked at all my blogs and Facebook, so I thought I'd write a little on here.

First of all, anyone know any cures for undiagnosed insomnia? And don't suggest Tylenol PM or anything like that. I still take forever to fall asleep when I take that and then I can't wake up in the morning and take care of my kid. But anything else? :)

So anyway, last weekend we went to a Frakes Family Reunion. First time in over 10 years (so I hear) that the whole family has gotten together. First time I had met 2 of Dan's (my Father in law) siblings. It was so fun to meet everyone and get to know even better those I had met! I, of course, took zero pictures. I think Kim is the only one from the Dan Frakes family who took any, so you get nothing here. Just imagine a lot of laughing and making fun of each other and river rafting and babies and food!

Other than that, life has been pretty chill. Since Dan and Kippy moved into a brand new house, we are helping to put the yard in this summer and that's about the most exciting that that has happened. :) But honestly, it's been really good to have down time and let Karly play with her cousin and work on a normal schedule (I feel like I've always been working on that?).

Nate, however, has not been "chilling." He is working full time while studying for the CPA exam. He has one section on Saturday (pray for him!) and has already taken one. Can I brag for a minute? You need 75% to pass each section. My super smarty pants hubby got a 94% on that first section! Woohoo! Okay, done bragging.

And for those who don't care about our life here are pictures of Karly. :) And other randomness (keep in mind it's 2 in the morning).

Karly is learning the parts of the face and will come up to you and says "ahs" and poke you (hard) in the eye. I'm not sure that's what she's doing in the above picture, but it reminded me of that.
Refried Beans.

One of my favorite times is when she's just waking up. She's so loopy and hilarious.
I miss this place:
Also, do you remember when my feet looked like this?
For those who don't know what my feet normally look like:

Doesn't even look like the same person's feet.

Anyway, I'm going to go try to fall asleep. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Nisha said...

Some of the best posts are the ones at 2 am. I enjoy reading what Karly's up to since she's a step or two ahead of Landon. Adam has a really hard time sleeping also. Email me your mailing address (nisha DOT riggs AT gmail DOT com)and I'll send you some of the melatonin that works for him.

Rachel said...

I was going to suggest getting some melatonin from a health food store too. That's what helped me through my sleepless nights in high school.

Sally said...

i have the same problem with the sleeping thing. usually it's because i have all sorts of stuff running through my head and my mind won't shut down. but on the bright side.... i have such fabulous conversations with myself. i'm such a delight for me to talk to. but that's not helping you at all. i try to burn a lot of my energy during the day and that seemed to help some. whether it was running the stairs or dancing around with the kids or whatever. good luck!

Lindsey said...

We were just talking about you guys last night and missing you. Any chance you want to drive to Utah for a boating/cabin weekend? I know, it's kinda far. I'm excited to tell Troy about Nate's geniousness on the CPA exam; you know how those two get about numbers and percentages!

Yomama said...

I miss that baby girl; I miss that guy she's riding on; I miss that mama with the funny feet... Melatonin seems to be the non-drug of choice, though it seems to make it a little harder to wake up too - nothing like the drugs, though. Good luck - we all seem to deal with sleeplessness at times. I remember getting up and sewing all night, when I had dresses to make for a wedding. I was especially limber the day after the sleepless night, oddly enough... I wouldn't suggest it. Love yer posts, babe - Love y'all, Yomama

Chelsea said...

Hey Alisa! How are you guys? Thanks for your bachelorette comments, and you are not missing anything. I take notes while I watch, so that definitely makes me notice a lot more of the craziness!