"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Monday, August 30, 2010

Triathlon? Check.


For those who didnt' already know, I have been training for a triathlon. I just completed it last Saturday.

The operative word there is COMPLETED. I did a triathlon. It was awesome.

Now, before you start thinking I'm now a super athlete (ha), let me give a few more details. It was a sprint triathlon (so half the length of an olympic traithlon), it was with my ward so there were like 10 of us total and it was totally low key and finally, I came in dead last.

No super athlete here! :)

And now for the excuses for WHY I came in dead last (this is mostly for my benefit - to make me feel better...): I basically hadn't exercised for 2 years, I only trained for 10 weeks and in that 10 weeks, one week we had family in town and another week I was sick.

So anyway, I'm not sharing my times, but I will share a couple of pictures.

The whole group, pre-race
On your mark, get set...
That's me in the red cap in the front. I was actually in the lead for the first 400 yards and in a close 2nd for the rest of the swimming...
...it was the biking...
...and running that did me in.


But I finished!


Thanks to Nate and Karly for being there to support me and Jordan and Paige for coming to the finish line!

And thanks IHOP for existing so you could be my reward! :)

8 comments:

Potters said...

That's great. You're amazing to finish. Nice work. By the way - you look great!

Lindsey said...

i am totally impressed! way to go alisa!

Nal said...

Wow, that's very impressive! You look great!

Kit said...

Totally a star athlete, just finishing says that, good job!!!!

Rachel said...

hero.

Melissa said...

you are awesome! and your braid is adorable. way to go. I can't wait to get one of those checked off my list...maybe you should teach me how to swim?

altanoreida said...

You rock Alisa!!! I am SO impressed and SO jealous. Congrats!

Misses Barlow said...

great job doll! sorry i didn't ask you about it when i saw you last week! glad life is grand and that you successfully completed your tri! good job mama! it was great seeing you!