
Man, I really am a slacker. This was over 2 months ago!
We went on a cruise for our 5 year anniversary with some of our best friends, Troy and Lindsey (who were also celebrating their 5 year anniversary!). They were the perfect couple to go with, as Nate and Troy NEVER have and never will run out of things to talk about. Lindsey and I still just roll our eyes about their ability to turn any conversation to something financial - for example
"This ship is HUGE. How much do you think it costs to build something like this?"
"Better yet, How much does it cost to run this thing for a week? With food and electricity and water."
"Yeah, and then on top of that, paying employees?!?"
"[some random, probably WAY off number is thrown out]"
On and on. :)
So anyway, we went from Miami, FL to the Cayman Islands to Isla Roatan, Honduras to Belize to Cozumel, Mexico and back to Miami. We only scheduled one excursion through Carnival - for the rest of the days we got a taxi, drove to a beach and snorkeled or relaxed on the beach (except in Honduras - more on that).
And here come the pictures...
The obligatory towel animals...

There were 2 "dressy" dinner nights, where we were just uncomfortably dressed while we stuffed our faces. :)

(by the way, I was JUST barely pregnant on the cruise, so I had no idea. I was however, very confused why both of these dresses felt SO TIGHT on my ribcage. Huh. :)
Speaking of dinner, here were our servers for dinner:
They were both from Indonesia and by the end of the week, Lindsey was ready to "adopt" them. They were pretty funny guys, but man would it be a hard life working on a cruise ship. They work for 6 months, then get 2 months off. The one in the back on the right has been doing this for 18 years and has 2 kids, who he basically missed growing up. We (meaning Troy and Nate of course) figured out that he saw his kids a total of 4 years of the 18 years he did this! I think I can handle busy season pretty well, knowing it could be WAY worse. :)
So I mentioned that at 3 of the 4 ports, we just grabbed a taxi and went to a beach to snorkel and relax. In Honduras, that's what we did, but Nate talked to the taxi driver to see if there was anything else to do and he mentioned a little "zoo" that we stopped at. Here are some of the pictures of that:
There was a little monkey that had a little bit of devil in him. He bit Troy, tried to bite me, and got into Lindsey's bag and stole her Bang! cards (probably thinking they were candy) and scattered them ALL OVER the cage. It was funny and scary all at the same time. :)

And my video of the devil monkey is not working. Apparently his devilish powers reach pretty far.
We did a LOT of snorkeling (Nate more than anyone else - he says all our vacations from now on must involve snorkeling). We bought a little case to put our camera in to take pictures. It worked...uh...really well.
The snorkel boys








2 comments:
I like reliving it all two months later :) It seems like so long ago now!
I loved your quote from N&T. Spot on with the financial calculations.
I'm so glad we went on a cruise with you guys! It was one of our favorite trips ever.
Alis, that is either the same cruise we went on, or a very similar one. I don't remember going to honduras. Super fun and we did lots of snorkeling too. I am with Nate. Snorkeling is the bomb! I'm sad I missed the reunion and thus missed your face. Miss you girl! :)
Post a Comment