"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The Bench Bunch is pretty awesome too!

So immediately after the Cox get together, we all headed out to Upalco, UT (if you have heard of that, I will be AMAZED and wonder why) for a family reunion with my mom's family. There was so much to do I seriously didn't worry about Karly at all. She was either jumping on the tramoline, looking at the new baby kitties, playing with toys, on the 4 wheeler with someone, eating, or sleeping. :) Nice huh? As I was looking through all the pictures family members took, I realized I was absent from a good number of them. Dang baby was starting to make me pretty sick and exhausted at this point. We had a lot of fun, though.

Just to show you how many people were there...
The guys spent a good part of each day shooting guns (either at targets or "rock chucks" - I have no idea what their real name is. Snipes maybe? I never saw one even though they said they shot lots of them...) Nate came home from the trip wanting to buy a 22 or something. The "need" has passed or at least subsided for now.
4 wheeling was a big hit.
In honor of my grandpa, the king of doing things the hardest, possibly most dangerous way, but ending up with something cool in the end, my brother, dad and cousins built a zip line in the above mentioned way.
I think there were people [read: children] on that zip line 90% of the reunion.
Karly also enjoyed the tree swing (once again being entertained by her awesome dad)
Another hit was the trampoline. Funny, all these things kept the kids entertained. What did the parents do? Sat around and talked without having to constantly worry about their kids.
Karly eating with some of her cousins (have I mentioned there are 4 girls cousins and 11 boys on my side of the family? They are all hoping I'm having another girl :D)
Bonfire (fell asleep putting Karly to sleep and pretty much missed the whole thing. This was followed by night games, which sounded like lots of fun. Too tired.
We went on a hike on the red rocks above my aunt and uncle's house - thanks Em for taking the cute picture!


Can't wait for Bench Reunion 2013!

2 comments:

D/E G said...

I just read all of your posts since June?? and I'm so glad you chronicled all of this stuff. I don't know that I'm going to get to it as I'd hoped, so it's nice to see all of these pics, etc. Thanks and love to you three and a 1/2. (I really hope we get to see you sooner than we all think, but school and work do make that very tricky!)

Yomama said...

I'm doing it again, aren't I? Commenting on every post. Well, it's your fault - they are all so fun, and just like talking to you, so I have to respond! ;-) It's true, you aren't in a lot of the pictures, but I didn't get good coverage, and I saw you around the "campground", so I guess I didn't realize you were sleeping as much as you claim... It WAS awesome fun. I want some more. ;-)
Sure love y'all,
yomama