Rock your Junk!
The first weekend in May, we went with a bunch of Nate's friend's from Colorado to MOAB!!! It's pretty much our favorite place in the world and it was SO fun to have so many friends there with us! So here are some (very random) pictures of our trip. I'll try to explain them. For some of them, you just have to understand that this is a strange bunch.
We're all a little off our rockers.
These first two are just group pictures. All but one person on this trip has some connection to Denver (lived there or married someone who did).

This second group picture was taken at this arch: Corona Arch. Travis (Nate's brother, see below) and Brett climbed to the top of this arch. Nate and I started to and decided we didn't want to risk death.
One thing I love about Moab is that I get to CLIMB! Next to Landscape Arch, there's a rockface
that's pretty easy to climb (getting down is the hard part...). This is me on top with Ryan, Damien and Brandon.
Nate also likes to climb...and swing.
This is Ryan - I won't put his last name so he doesn't get in trouble for...relieving himself on government land. :)
Remember the brother I said you would see below? This is Trav. You would not believe the amount of "babes" he picked up with this stellar...uh...hat...
Okay, I warned you that this is an unusual bunch. We handle difficult situations...unusually. While we were getting ready to hike to Delicate Arch, Becki and Adam (who had to leave right after the hike to get back home to catch a flight) locked their keys in the car (if you want the full, very funny story, see Becki's blog). Luckily the trunk was open, so Nate pushed out part of the seats. However it wasn't nearly big enough for anyone to fit into. So Becki (who is extremely tall - very longs limbs) tried to reach her hand to the lock. She couldn't quite reach, so she turned around and tried her foot. Click. She got the lock. I, of course, was very helpful through this whole scenario. I took pictures.

As I have mentioned before, I am trying to get into photography a little more, so I laboriously carried my camera everywhere in hopes of getting some good shots. I got a couple that I liked - nothing spectacular. The one on the right is my favorite. We were at the Indiana Jones Arch (which I think is actually called Double Arch) near sunset and it just worked so perfectly.

Um...They've been working on the railroad? (in case you can't tell, they're "carrying" picks and shovels...)
And finally, the boy whose joy is MOAB!
7 years ago
3 comments:
Stella kept saying Nanana Nate at all the pictures with him in them. Then she kept saying it and wanted to see more when we moved from the page. She did say Alisa once, but you weren't in as many of the pictures.
I'm commenting here, but commenting on all of the recent posts: it was so fun to go through these photos and the journaling you put with them! This blog is truly the record of your life, and you're including some good things... btw, I hate the way I look in the picture, but I appreciate being included. It was so good to be there, though the weekend ended up fuller than full - your house and the time! And the Moab pix? Clearly, you have embraced your hubby's love of the rocks! What a great bunch...
Sure love you, Abisa - Hugs, Yomama
Yay for updates! (I've been really slacking lately too, so I can't really talk). Moab is cool as ever apparently. And your kitchen looks awesome. I love that dad is in there doing what he loves best, getting down and dirty! I have to say you look so distinguished, so sophisticated in your cap and gown. College does that to you doesn't it?
Post a Comment