"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Sucked in...


I've been hearing for months about "The Twlight Series" and "The Mormon vampire books" (so called because the author is LDS) and other names. I was intrigued and thought it was kind of funny that so many people "couldn't put it down." I watched a preview for the movie that's coming out and thought it sounded alright, but nothing to stop everything in life to read. My mom, who likes having deep discussions and reading deep, thought-provoking books even read all three books in FIVE days! I decided to put Twilight on hold at the library and try it out.

I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!!!

I started reading on Monday at 4:30 PM and finished on Tuesday at 9:30 PM (now, take out the 8 hours at work that I didn't read and the 7 hours I slept).

I read the back cover before I started and thought "Oh, boy," because it said "Of three things I was sure: 1. Edward was a vampire. 2. Some part of him, [can't remember exactly] wanted to drink my blood. 3. I was completely and irrevocably in love with him."

If you haven't read this book, don't let that turn you off. That part was, I admit, rather cheezy. :)

So that's it. I'm hooked.

And I'm going to the library tonight to get the next one.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

ooohhh! I love hearing of new blood to the twilight phenomenon. isn't edward fabulous??? just a heads up though, maybe don't expect as much from the second book 'cause you might be let down. I thought it could have been half as long and could have had more "stuff" goin' on. but it's definitely worth the read and means you're one step closer to book 3! it's another gem. can't wait till august for book 4!

Yomama said...

We've already talked, but it's pretty predictable that one of my most romantic daughters would be sucked in by a purely romantic book like "Twilight"...Melissa's right, the second one hurts a lot, but I was frustrated most of the way through the third... I get the 4th one August 2, but Mel and Suzie claim they get to read it before me because they read the other three before me; what do you think is fair? I paid for the dang books, for heaven's sake ;-) There's quite a group of us here in Bis planning to go the movie at the first showing here... Shall we say obsession has a name and it's Edward? (To be honest, as a heroine I don't love Bella - at least not after 2 and 3...)
Enough said - Read on, Sweetie!
Love you more than the books, Yomama

Emilie said...

Okay, don't tell any one, but Ben read the books too. He couldn't put it down either. :) I guess that is where growing up with 6 sisters may have helped him a bit. Thank you sisters :)

D/E G said...

First, I have to tell you that David said "Uh-yuh" when he saw your pic--you two really bonded. :)As for this series, we already dished. I'm glad to have another person who understands. Just don't forget to talk to me after you're done with the three. ;)

Yomama said...

I think its rather funny that when you posted this i was currently reading the first book for the second time. i read it in less than 24 hours..
BUT I LOVE THEM ALL
many people say they dont like 2 and 3, but i must be a series person because i loved them. i think its because i fell in love with edward. dangg to bad hes fake :(.

oh and the back cover said:
of three things i was sure: 1 edward was a vampire. 2. there was a part of him, and i wasnt sure how potent that part may be, that thirsted for my blood. and 3. that i was irrevocably and completely in love with him.

hehe just had to play the quotes game...even if it wasnt with movies.
ohh my favorite chapters were 10-17...didnt you love those??
well enjoy the next ones...if you are as much of a romantic as me you just might...though i doubt it because you thought that part was cheezy, and i felt exactly how she said it.
wow im a NERD!!
i love you alisa
MEL