Wedding, beaches and "Disseyand"!
A couple of weeks ago, we went to San Diego for Nate's brother Trav's wedding. I, of course, was awful about actually taking pictures (I took my camera EVERYWHERE, but it sat in my purse...sigh...).
Here are some of the highlights from our trip (thanks to everyone who's pictures I borrowed!):
DISSEYAND!
For two weeks before our trip, I walked around the house saying "I go to Disseyand!" like a 4 year old. Nate got really sick of it, but I hadn't been there since I was THREE, so can you blame me??!?! We ended up having a really fun time, but realized if you want to be able to do everything you want to in both Disneyland and California Adventure, you need at least 2 days...
This was our favorite ride - California Screamin' (it's actually in California Adventure). I'm not sure why Nate is so hidden in this picture, but this is the whole fam, minus the parentals.
This is us on California Screamin'. It stops you right at the beginning, does a countdown and then shoots you forward! Way fun.
Somehow, I "got" to be in front for Splash Mountain. Everyone else got a few drops here and there - my whole front was soaked. Good thing it was warm that day! (I'm holding my pants out to show that my fitted pants were all loose because they got wet. I looked like such a freak until they dried).
When we got home, everyone asked me if we saw all the Disney characters. We really didn't see that many! (we were focused on the rides). We saw Brer Bear, Winnie the Pooh (didn't get a picture), AND....
Mrs. Incredible! Or Elastigirl! (which ever...)
After all that playing....
(Okay, this was actually lunch time. We all get a little tired when our blood sugar gets low...)
Another group shot (this isn't a real street behind us, but is looked seriously real until we were that close).
And finally, the castle. It's really blurry, but you get the idea. :) I love Disseyand!
BEACH/FAMILY PICTURES
We went to the beach a couple of times just to play and go sea kayaking. One morning, we got all dressed up fancy and took family pictures. I would love to post them, because they're pretty good, but I only have access to them on the photographer's website. There are a few of them on there, if you're interested www.ninaseibertphotography.com.
After we took pictures, I really wanted to play in the water a bit. I pulled my pant legs up and walked out as the wave receded, then ran back to shore as the wave came back in. After a while, everyone joined in!
Ready to run....
Run!
Back safe from the wave...Or so we thought...
One of the times, the wave came up a little higher than we expected -- and by a little I mean a LOT. It completely came over the top of Kim, Connor and my heads. It was AWESOME! (the trip home was a little uncomfortable - it's amazing how much sand and salt I had everywhere).
That was one of my favorite parts of our trip. I don't think Rachel would agree with me....
WEDDING
And then, of course, the reason we were there:
The Happy Couple...awww....
All the brothers: Nate, Jordan, Trav, Connor, Jakob and Aaron
All the sisters (funny how my family has WAY more girls...) Paige, Kim, Trav, Lindsey, me and Rachel's little sister Rebecca. And despite the fact that I look like it in this picture, I'm not pregnant (I really need to learn to hold my stomach in while pictures are being taken!).
And the Frakes Fam! We just really like each other. :D
And that was our fun trip! It did make me realize I don't want to live in San Diego, like I used to want to, for which Nate was thrilled. It is definitely a fun place to visit!
7 years ago
3 comments:
i want to got o Disseyand! i haven't been there in forever! but we're waiting till our boys our big enough to go on the rides (and when we get more money!)
your family pictures are so cute! i only saw 2 of them on the website, but i love ocean pictures. one day we might do that!
You're right. I DO not like sand in my underwear.
I love the picture of all of you at the beach when you are drenched. It looks like a Christmas card photo; everyone is coordinated outfit-wise! Looks like a fun trip. Oh and we need to get together soon...
Post a Comment