"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

E-mealz.com - a gift from heaven!


Dave Ramsey has done more for me than just the financial stuff Nate mentioned. Nate was listening to his radio show and heard a commercial for something called E-MEALZ.COM. He looked at the website, then told me to take a look.

I was in awe.

I have such a hard time with grocery shopping on a budget and just cooking in general. When I shop, usually I just wander up and down the isles looking for anything that could be turned into a meal. Doing that, I usually spend WAY more than I plan to (impulse shopping...), then I get home and realize I really don't have anything to make a MEAL.

This website is the exact answer to my problem. For $5 a month (which really isn't much for what this site does), they create recipes and then a shopping list to whatever store you shop. Not only that, but they do a week's worth of groceries for $30-40.

I started doing it this last week and I couldn't believe how amazing it was. These are YUMMY recipes with lots of variety! They're well rounded meals and I spent exactly my grocery budget for the next two weeks!

The only downside is that the recipes come out weekly, so you have to go shopping once a week (I usually go every other week). The other thing is that this only covers dinners, so if you're weekly budget is less than this requires, it won't work (or you'll have to go without breakfast and lunch!)

Despite those downsides, I really love this website. You sign up for three months, then can cancel or renew as you want. So if you want, you can do this for three months and end up with a pretty good amount of recipes to use and exactly how much the ingredients cost!

1 comments:

Yomama said...

Great blogger item, Alis! I'm a little suprised you haven't had more comments on it, but maybe it's because it came very nearly the same time as the wedding/Cali photos, which were distractingly FUN to see! Your blog is a great place to visit ;-} (But I wouldn't want to live there seems like the rest of the line, but it's really, but I'd still rather talk to you!)
You make me proud - Hugs, Yomama