"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Friday, December 11, 2009

My World Revolves Around...

Her!

She's sleeping, so I really should be doing the dishes or picking up clutter or even reading my book [The Chosen by Chaim Potok - is it weird that I'm totally fascinated by Judaism? I blame my Religion in the Home professor...]

BUT instead of doing those things I'm posting more pics/videos of the munchkin. I wonder if anyone has stopped reading my blog because it only consists of Karly. If so, they're crazy!

This girl makes us laugh every day. She has all these funny little things she does that just crack us up. For example:

She does this thing where she flips her wrist back and forth when she's holding something. It almost looks like she's trying to do arm curls - like she's lifting weights.


Also, a few days ago we were at some friends' house and they have one of those jump-a-roo things for their little girl, so we put Karly in it. She LOVED jumping. So much in fact that...
she tried jumping in her exersaucer. I think she's going to break it. :)

She is now a crawling machine!

Crawling almost always consists of getting to a place where she can pull herself up to standing.

Sometimes while crawling, she gets a little stuck (she's getting better at pulling herself up and down though).


Did I mention she has TWO teeth? She bites everything in sight, including our fingers and shoulders (though she still gives really good, nice kisses).
And she still loves her binky. I finally bought one of those things to attach it to her shirt, she we're not constantly trying to find it.

And finally, this is hard to catch, but she has the GREATEST laugh. And she laughs at the weirdest things. In this video, I was jumping up and down in front of her.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

hilarious! I think santa needs to bring Karly something that jumps better before she breaks that thing!!!

AJ said...

I think we will have to send our jumparoo thingy with you guys. She definitely needs it. And her laugh is stinkin' cute. James always laughed (and still does sometimes) the most when I would jump around and do crazy twirls and things. I am sure I looked like a big goof. But he would cackle more than any other time. They just know we are big spazzes(sp).

Lindsey said...

i laughed so hard watching karly jumping in her exersaucer. so hilarious! it is so funny to watch her crawling...it feels like slow motion compared to graham, but just wait a few more weeks and i am sure she will be really moving!

and don't worry, i love reading about karly. it is so much fun to see her personality in the pictures and videos! she is one funny girl!

Joyce said...

Your Karly is so cute!! I love reading of her and seeing the pics!!!
And I think it's great you being amazed with judaism. When I, jewish, meet all of you, was amazed with your religion. I think that them both have a lot of values in common.
Greetings!!

Yomama said...

Pertaining to the video of her doing "curl ups"--you're completely wrong. She is really practicing her vibrato for when she will be a concert violinist. Don't stunt her progress. :D
love,
Mel
ps
we should watch night at the museum at christmas