I figured out a great cure for inability to sleep. Have your spouse talk to you about something you have absolutely NO interest in talking about. Works like a charm.
Oh, you thought I was talking about me? No, that's how I helped Nate fall asleep tonight. And now I can't sleep. Do you think it would be rude to wake him up and ask him to tell me about spreadsheets and macros? (In case you're wondering, I talked to him about Survivor and The Biggest Loser)
Since I'm up I thought I'd post about something I've been thinking about for a few days. When I was pregnant with Karly, I think I got really...I can't think of the right word...sappy? clingy? emotionally attached? loving toward others? Something like that. I don't know if it's that there's a boy in me this time or what, but I'm basically the opposite. Let's see if I can think of this word: annoyed. I get annoyed SO EASY and feel like I have this whole pregnancy.
I hate it. It annoys me. Ha.
I've been trying really hard to stop letting people/things bother me that never would have before, but that's like telling an overly emotional pregnant woman not to cry during a sappy commercial. Oh, speaking of overly emotional pregnant women, I'm not. Things that would have made me cry before I was pregnant don't even phase me.
I hate that too.
Not that I want to cry all the time, but most days I swear I don't have tear ducts at all right now. So anyway, back to things bothering me: I feel like, especially since I married Nate I've gotten better at letting things roll off my back - I've gotten more patient or at least better at seeming patient. Except the last 6 months. If you're bugging me, you probably know it.
So, I guess my point in writing this is as an apology to all of you that I've interacted with in the last half a year. It's not you, it's me (or baby boy - can I please just blame him?). You can just pray with me I return to my normal self after he arrives (or before - I'd be okay if it happened now).
2 comments:
I talked Josh to sleep last night (I think) too. So funny. I can't remember what I was talking about though. I thought it was interesting. Not so much I guess. :)
Fun post. As usual. And if you were talking to me, apology accepted, and a matching one extended - but mine is for always being the emotional basket case in any situation... ;-? Can I say I'm glad you have developed some immunity, or at least a respite???
Love you! Love you all...
Yomama
Post a Comment