"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, November 05, 2011

My mom and sister came to visit!

and guess how many pictures I took?!


Yeah. None.

Actually that's not true. I took a few when we played at the park, but they were on Suzie's camera and she still hasn't sent them to me (hint, hint, wink, wink).

Karly loved having "grandma Cox" come to play - she called her "grandma Cox" for the first day and a half until we convinced her she could just call her grandma if she wanted. :)

We really didn't have much planned and were kind of boring, but it was SO good to have them come for a few days! One day we spent 4 hours at the mall and the only thing we bought was a pretzel. Then we went to Deseret Book and the only thing we bought was hot chocolate. That's what they get for hanging out with a pregnant woman!

On Saturday while they were here, we went to Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park to hear/watch the Elk bugle (that word looks wrong, but it's not - I checked). We drove around for awhile and didn't see/hear anything and started to worry we wouldn't. We decided to stop at one point and just go for a little hike and ran into a herd of probably 50 or more elk with 6 or 7 bulls herding their women. :) We got to hear a little bugling and see a little antler clashing, so it ended up being worth the trip. I think my mom got some good pictures. I, once again, did not. So you'll have to imagine it. Or google elk bugling in Estes Park, CO.

Anyway, overall it was a fun weekend with my momma and sista. I'm so glad they made the drive and hope they felt like it was worth it! We sure thought it was! :)

1 comments:

Yomama said...

Yep, a few pictures - maybe I will get around to posting something on my poor defunct blog... Yep, worth it. So much! And not just because I came home inspired to clean out my messy corners ("Hoarders" is a terrible show ;->). We had a great time, and even Suzie, who slept all the way there and all the way home, thought all the travel was worth it!
I will do it again sometime soon. Say, February maybe. ;-)
Hugs,
Yomama