"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Monday, December 19, 2011

Are we there yet?!

I feel like I've been pregnant for.ever.

And I still have 7 weeks to go! And I can't even hope and pray this little guy makes his debut early. In fact, I'm probably supposed to be praying he comes RIGHT on his due date. Since our attempt at planning when to have a baby didn't go exactly as planned, we are having this little guy right, smack dab in the middle of busy season for Nate. In fact, Nate will be crazy busy with one particular client until February 3rd (also happens to be my due date - coincidence? um, yeah it actually is). So anyway, I'll continue waiting not-so-patiently to not be pregnant anymore (funny how last time I LOVED being pregnant. this time I only love the reason I'm suffering the heartburn and sciatic nerve and getting fat and mood swings and not being able to bend over).

 30 weeks


Amazingly, so far this pregnancy, the only thing (besides my stomach obviously) getting significantly fatter is my face. Last time at this point, I was pretty much huge everywhere.

See?
31 weeks with Karly

Okay, so maybe it's not THAT different, but I definitely feel less huge. I do still have 7 weeks to go, so we'll see....

2 comments:

Becki said...

you look great! I really am sorry you can't even hope to be done early. and i really don't blame you for hating it. babies = awesome, pregnancy = necessary misery. gooood luck.

Brenna said...

Awww. I think you look cute. For reals. I feel for you on the due date/busy season thing. Is Nate going to take his paternity leave right away or wait until busy season is over? Are you able to take omeprazole/prilosec for the heartburn. It made an INCREDIBLE difference for me. Hang in there...in no time at all be celebrating his first birthday!