"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Not on my list...

I have about 10 million things I should be doing instead of this, but I'm stressed and I'm hoping that writing on here for a minute will help. I told Nate I was stressed and didn't know why. His response? "packing, baby, moving, house? busy season? pregnancy?" 


Oh yeah - maybe those things. 


I haven't mentioned anything on here about the packing/moving/house stuff - that really deserves it's own post - but for today suffice it to say, we will be closing on a house next Thursday! We are SO excited and I'll try to post pictures and a more detailed story of the process in the next few weeks (or months, depending on when Mr. Boy decides to make his debut...). I wanted to make sure I posted about Christmas stuff, though, before it got too late and never happened. 


Nate had the Friday before Christmas and the whole week after off work, plus this past Monday. Needless to say, Karly and I were spoiled by having him around all day and going through withdrawals now that he's back at work. It's only going to get worse since we're entering busy season too! Nate made good use of the time he had off and spent TONS of time playing with Karly. It was awesome. 


Christmas Eve morning, Nate and Karly built a gingerbread house village. Gingerbread houses were never really a tradition in my family, but they were in Nate's and one he definitely wants to continue (though he did say next year he wants each person to have an individual house - I think the OCD came out in him with Karly trying to decorate with him...). 







Later in the day, Nate and Karly built a snowman and Dan and Kippy's house (there isn't really anywhere by our apartment to do it properly - next year it will be in our own back yard!). It was actually more like Nate building a snowman while Karly ate snow and told him to put eyes, a nose, mouth, hat, etc. on "Frosty." 


(Little Miss I'm-done-taking-naps had cold feet and a total meltdown when we took these pictures. Still cute though. :) 


The Monday after Christmas, we went sledding. Karly didn't seem to be having fun at first (might have been the face plant into the snow), but quickly warmed up to it and she and Nate ended up going the next day again while I was at the dentist. 



We got to do Christmas morning in our own place for the first time this year and we loved waking up in our own beds, getting up with Karly and seeing what Santa brought and opening presents together. Despite totally missing my family in Arizona, it was so nice to be home. We'll just have to make sure we spend good quality summer time with my family! 


These are not the best Christmas morning pictures, but we were having too much fun watching Karly open all her presents! 

It was a great Christmas break and, like I said, so nice to have Nate around so much, especially since he'll be pretty absent for the next couple of months. 

On to the craziness! 

Maybe now I can go get something accomplished....

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you updated! We needed pictures of the karly-bug. Way to use those Christmas jammies again! I should have sent you my matching pregnant top for it, since it doesn't fit me not-pregnant!

AJ said...

I love how in the gingerbread house pics Karly looks sooo much like Nate, but then when they are out by the snowman, she totally looks like you. Miss that silly face. And yours and Nate's. And I miss snow. I want to build a snowman. Would it be too crazy if my whole family crashed at your new house shortly after you have a baby? Cause I am seriously considering it.

Nal said...

Loved the update! That's so exciting y'all are closing on a house! Good luck with the move and baby! Wish we lived close by to help out.

Bonnie said...

So fun! Your gingerbread village is awesome! I'm excited for you guys and your house too!