Ug.
Here's something you may not know about me: I'm kind of a perfectionist.
Oh, you did know that? :) Okay, fine - so the peanut butter and jelly have to go to the very edge of the bread. So what? So my spice cupboard is organized alphabetically and my clothes are organized by color. That's TOTALLY normal.
And I have almost no desire to sit in this chair I spent HOURS reupholstering. I neglected my children for this chair. I sweated and occasionally cursed in my head for this chair.
It did not turn out perfect.
Despite taking about 10,000 pictures as I took the original chair apart, apparently I took pictures of all the wrong parts - parts I thought would be difficult and I would want to remember later, I didn't need to remember because they were easier than I thought they would be. Other parts I didn't even think about ended up nearly killing me.
But it WAS my first upholstery project ever, so cut me some slack! (Yes, I was talking to myself...)
So, here is the final product:
Before:
After:
I realize, looking at these pictures, that it's not an extreme change in terms of color and such, but now there's a pattern and I got the thing for free off the street, so I wanted to make it my own. The whole project cost me about 50 bucks (with lots of fabric left over actually) including buying a staple gun, so that's a pretty good deal for a brand new chair.
Also, now I know I will never do this again. :)
Okay, I might do this again, but with a MUCH easier chair.
5 comments:
I think it is AWESOME! Well done. I understand the perfectionist in you, I have one in me for some things. That is why I give away most of my sewing projects, because I know all the mess-ups and they drive me nuts.
I am impressed that you were able to only spend $50 (upholstery fabric can be a beast)! But that doesn't factor in your time. Very impressed my friend, very impressed.
It turned out great! I still can't believe you figured that all out, pictures or no pictures.
I'm totally impressed! Looks great. I really like the fabric you used. It makes the chair look a lot more modern.
From one perfectionist (me) to another (you), I think it looks great. Totally worth being proud of and it is your first project being done that way. I don't know if I would even attempt that, much less finish it. Thumbs up!
I'm a perfectionist too but I am AMAZED every time I see someone else do these. I think it looks fantastic! I wouldn't even know where to start.
Post a Comment