"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin carving fun-ness!

On Sunday, we went for a drive to look at the leaves (most of which were already dead/gone/only semi-colorful) then came home and carved pumpkins. Here are some pictures of the evening.
This is the only wildlife we saw on the drive - yeah...can't really see it (it's a dear). Seeing that was probably the most exciting part of the drive.

Here's a picture I took of me and Nate from the car. At first Nate refused to smile for the picture, but finally relented and then it was blurry...boo.

He absolutely refused to smile again. I told him I was going to post it anyway. That's what he gets for being a punk about pictures. :D he he
So then it was home to carve pumpkins. Here is Becki working diligently on her pumpkin while...
Her husband (and mine) worked very hard at...not carving pumpkins. They cut the lids off the tops...

Trav and Rachel had this gargantuan pumpkin so Rachel thought it would be fun to stick her head inside and... Become the Headless Horse-woman! (with pearls on...)
Here are mine and Becki's final pumpkins (mine is on the left - scary huh?) I didn't get a good picture of all 4 of them lit up - it was too hard to get them in the dark. And here is my FAVORITE part of carving pumpkins! The SEEDS! We made three huge pans of pumpkin seeds, which were SO tasty.


So, Nate and I work in the temple on Friday nights and neither of us are huge fans of trying to find costumes for Halloween anyway, so that worked out nicely. Sorry if you were hoping to see fun pictures of costumes later....Can't wait to see yours though! :D

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's how Troy was too about pumpkins. He was being a scrooge for a week about having to carve them until I finally convinced him during FHE. He even said a special prayer that he would have a good attitude about it. What is it with the holiday killers? Oh, and thanks to Nathan, Troy now thinks that soup is an appetizer, not a meal. Maybe it's good that these boys can't influence each other as much anymore!

Amy said...

James is convinced that pumpkin carving is for when we have kids--so we have never carved pumpkins! It's ok--it's too messy for me anyway. :) Oh, and I'm not a fan of costumes either. It's the only reason I don't love Halloween. It's funny that you have a hard time remembering Nate's bday. When people ask me the year James was born I always have to think about it too. How have nate's interviews gone?

Mrs Ana said...

Good for you getting in the spirit of the season. I think your pumpkins look great!! I specially love the headless horseman! You are so adorable. Alan and I used to work in the temple every friday when we were young and at BYU. We loved it!

Yomama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yomama said...

-Oh, and hug the birthday boy for me. His present is going to be so stinkin' late now...
Hugs, yomama

Yomama said...

haha you know what i thought of today alisa?
how the day after halloween you would go to the speaker system, blast this music, and then run into the room drumming your fingers together and looking like you had done something noddy.... and then the christmas music would BLAST!

in honor of you i might do that sometime this week. i keep playing christmas hymns. I love you alisa!

your little sister,
Melanie Louise

Brenna said...

I hope you don't think its strange that I check your blog every once in a while. I feel like I kind of know you since I've met you a few times. Anyway, hope this school year is going better for your husband...that accounting program is brutal! The pumpkin carving looks fun and they turned out cute!