Top 5 reasons I KNOW I'm not making up this pregnancy thing:
5. Bathroom breaks are WAY more often than any normal human being. Let's just say I have a preferred stall in the bathroom at work because I know them all so well...
4. My belly button used to be at least twice as deep as it is now. And I should know. I love my belly button - and it's disappearing!
3. Leg cramps in the middle of the night. Awesome.
2. That breakdown I had before dinner. Long story, but let's just say Nate just looked at me like "why the HECK is this crazy woman in my wife's body crying (no, BAWLING) over Spaghetti?" (To his credit, he was very good about it - he just hugged me until I calmed down - while trying really hard not to laugh).
And #1 reason this is for real:
1. The 'lil poke, poke every now and then (I can just imagine that little guy/gal -- "Uh, mom? Could you please not lean forward like that?" Poke, poke.)
*Disclaimer: These are, by far, not the only fun, new things I'm experiencing. The others, however, most of you (or maybe all of you) would prefer NOT to hear about.
7 years ago
8 comments:
Haha, the joys of pregnancy. I was woken up this week at 4:30 in the morning to baby hiccups that lasted a good 45 minutes. My belly button is on the verge of popping out, I check on it every day, there is not much left of if any more. Just wait until you get to experience the swelling of your hands and feet, occasionally before I go to bed I realize that I am growing cankles...but luckily they usually are gone when I wake up. I don't wear my wedding rings as often anymore and when I go out in public I am sure people think I am just another teen pregnancy. Anyway, this comment is getting way too long so let me get down to the real reason I am commenting. I told Connor this morning that we had to vote about the baby's gender (we went with girl) and this was Connor's amazing rationale. He figures that Nate really wants a little man take after him and he wants this so much that he is convincing himself that he thinks it is a girl because it always turns out that you are having the opposite of what you think you are having. Does this make sense? Haha, Connor is crazy. So that is our vote, however, we are praying for it to be a boy so that our little man has a little partner in crime. We can't wait to see you and the little baby bump for Christmas!
Don't you love the leg cramps? I totally understand. I used to kick Josh awake to help rub them out. The best way I found though was to stand up, and push really hard into my toes. But yeah, pregnancy is a crazy ride!
I didn't ever know that leg cramps were a symptom of pregnancy until I had them a few times. They were terrible. I agree with AJ on the toes thing. Totally helped me.
I remember the crying over spagetti phase. Don't remember what set me off but oh, how hard on the boys. BTW I hate to burst your bubble but you don't look at all pregnant, you just look like you are trying (and failing) to push out your tummy. auntie D
I can relate to bawling for no reason. I once called my brother to see if he could cover for me at work. All he said was 'how's it goin?' to which I responded with such hysterical sobs that he asked if someone was in my house and he needed to call 911. haha. The sad thing is the symptoms just keep coming!!!
It is great fun to feel that it's all for REAL when that little resident starts poking and kicking whenever you least expect it! I would always poke back and say hello! At least Nate's getting a taste of the hormone fun now, so he can gradually get used to it all!
I was told that eating half of a banana and a drinking some milk before bed helps the leg cramps. Something about the potassium that is getting sucked up by baby. Who knows, but it worked for me. I was laughing about the bathroom stall thing, I remember wondering if you guys thought I was crazy when I made a million trips to the bathroom when we came over. Now you understand!
Such a great, stylish (yes, stylish, you awesome writer, you) post! I'm so glad to know the gender of that little poke-poker - but I won't say it, so you can! Thanks for sharing the agony, the embarrassment, and the sheer joy that it can be when you're sacrificing your normalcy for someone else to come into this world and be your child!!!
Love you more than looking back on those prego days... (Is it possible I actually miss them?? But only a little!)
Yomama
Merry Christmas, for the hundredth time!
Post a Comment