So I have a belly picture I might post. And I might take some pictures of our sweet crib and recliner - both of which we got KILLER deals on (now if we can just find a dresser for a similarly amazing deal...).
But I don't have the pictures now and I feel the need to post...something...I just need to babble I guess. It'll be pretty random, so good luck with this!
1. Can I just say I'm really glad I married who I did? There are definitely some things we have different tastes in (e.g. Taco Bell would be his FIRST fast food choice and almost never mine. Vice versa for Panda Express). But, for the most part, we agree. An good, recent example is music. We just bought some CDs on Amazon:
The Eagles
Simon and Garfunkel
Kenny Loggins
And so on.
Maybe we're not "weird" and there are lots of other people in our generation that like this kind of music, but I think it's kind of funny that of ALL the CDs we could buy, we chose THOSE ones. Also, I've been listening to Phil Collins all morning. I love that man. His "...Hits" CD is next on my list of CDs to buy.
It reminded me of this one time 6 of my friends my freshman year of college were in the car with AJ and me. A Lionel Richie song came on and AJ and I started singing along. Everyone in the car looked at us like we were crazy - none of them knew the words, let alone who SANG the song.
I'd like to thank my mother for listening to the radio our entire childhood and exposing us to the good stuff.
2. I know I talk about this a lot, but I seriously think I have the coolest dreams.
Last night, I dreamed I went into labor at the White House.
And Obama wasn't the president.
And I was trying to hide the fact that I was in labor from the janitorial staff that was nearby.
I have no idea where Nate was, though I know he was around somewhere.
I also dreamed that one of the managers at work had to send out these specific memos every day and this particular day, she sent the wrong one: instead of sending a memo that J.Lo and Marc Anthony were getting married, she sent one that J.Lo and Ben Affleck were getting married (and then halfway through the dream, J.Lo changed to Jennifer Aniston). And my boss was really mad that the wrong one got sent out.
But I thought it was funny.
So funny, in fact, that I started laughing. Apparently, I was actually laughing because it woke up Nate. He asked why I was laughing and I was able to give a coherent answer. That NEVER happens.
3. Speaking of sleep, I took an hour nap yesterday afternoon and then drank about 4 cups of Dr. Pepper at about 7:00 PM.
Never again.
I tried going to bed around 11:30 and didn't end up falling asleep until about 2:00. I have a friend and a couple of sisters-in-law who have mentioned not being able to sleep late in pregnancy, but I've never had a hard time, so I'm attributing this to the caffeine (which, by the way, seemed to have no affect on the baby, except maybe making her more calm).
It wasn't all bad though. I got some laundry done and read a good chunk of Mere Christianity, which I've been trying to read for several weeks (AMAZING book, by the way. The whole world needs to read this book. For realz.). And, as I lay in bed, I had some great ideas of crafty improvements to make to my house/things to get ready for the baby. I'm not even completely exhausted today, so maybe it ended up being a good thing.
4. I'll update more on baby stuff when I post pictures.
7 years ago
7 comments:
I love you. This post made me smile, and then laugh. I feel like we just had a real life conversation.
Your dreams kill me every time, makes me wish I'd written my pre-mommy dreams down. Great post! We want pictures!
i love your random posts... especially ones that contain your funny dreams. they sound like mine, only i can't put mine into comprehensible words. and i can't wait to see pictures of your killer deals. i love deals. especially killer ones.
last night as leif climbed into bed, I allegedly sat up and said, "wait! wait! did you count with Gavin? did you count with Gavin?" don't know what I was dreaming about! :)
also, I'm currently reading the screwtape letters. isn't c.s. lewis amazing? he would make the best mormon. :)
I don't usually remember my dreams (what does that say about a person?), so it's interesting to hear about how vividly you can recall yours. You did marry a great guy; maybe his mom made him grow up listening to adult contemporary radio too! ? I'm glad the parents threw in a little Copeland, Carpenters and Bon Jovi so we all became such well-rounded souls! Hee hee!
I won't let myself comment on everything I just caught up on (being sick has kept me away for days), but I must reiterate this: I.LOVE.YOUR.BLOG! I feel like I'm listening to you tell me all these things; I love that you adore your husband; and I feel your intelligence and humor flowing right through the computer... Okay, how else is a mom going to feel? Just you wait!;-} Mostly I sense happiness - and that makes me HAPPY!
So much love,
Yomama
P.S. Melissa, C.S. Lewis IS a Mormon... now. Trust me, I checked. ;-}
P.P.S. Hooray on the fingernails! Stay triumphant, and teach your dad...
Post a Comment