"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mo-ron [mawr-on, mohr-]
–noun

1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

I had some pictures on my camera card that I wanted to post and for a week I haven't been able to figure out why my computer can't read the card. I finally involved my non-moronic husband, who simply put the card into the correct slot. Doh!

First picture needs some explaining if you aren't aware of my ultimate bad habit. I have bitten my fingernails since I was 7 years old and finally, now that I'm pregnant and my nails grow at lightning speed, I've managed to quit!
I really hate my hands, but I love even more that those are MY nails!

Also, last Saturday I did this*:
And she came with me:
(there was a little too much water retention in the face, so you just get to see her in all her glory)

Also, this guy is home:
And he brought me 2 dozen roses!

For those of you who don't know (and most of you probably don't because I made it a point not to mention it on the blog) Nate was living in Denver from January to mid-March doing an internship with Ernst and Young (an accounting firm he will be working for when he graduates). I couldn't go because I needed to work to keep my insurance and he worked so many hours I wouldn't have seen him much anyway. It was definitely NOT my favorite 2 1/2 months (especially being pregnant through it all), but I flew out there several times and we just made it through!

On that note we were excited to find out at the end of his internship that they are offering him a job for after he graduates next April! We are very excited to be moving to Denver after graduation and to have that plan in place.

P.S. Nate will be working as an auditor, not a tax accountant (also NOT an IRS auditor either) so you can skip the jokes about Nate doing your taxes. :) If you don't know the difference, you can ask - lots of people don't know. Don't feel bad. You're not a moron.

That makes one of us.

*EDITOR'S NOTE: I didn't actually RUN the Rex Lee Run. I walked it. I'm not superwoman. :)


9 comments:

Jed and Leona said...

that is so nice to have your hubby back home! that definitely would have been a long 2 1/2 months, at least you had a little girl to keep you company!
that is great he got the job and you know what you'll be doing and where you'll be! no more worrying of the future! (for a little bit at least!)

AJ said...

I love the random pictures. And it looks like you might not want to wear your ring for the rest of you pregnancy. Don't you just love the swelling? And your nails really do look fanfreakentastic!

Sally said...

good job with the nails... i do remember you always biting them! i'm glad for your sake that nate is home, i have a hard time when jason is gone for a couple of days. you're so strong. good luck with the move!

Rachel said...

A. Did you seriously run a marathon while 32 weeks pregnant? You sister, are my new idol.
B.I'm proud of you for not biting your nails anymore! This calls for a celebration.
C. I really like that belly picture. Your child can brag she's been running since before she was born.

D/E G said...

So glad Nate's back and with a job offer in hand--such a blessing! I heard you won't be the only Frakes fam in Denver either--that will be fun too! Sometimes trials end up bringing bigger blessings! :) I guess we're all just counting the days 'til this gal arrives now! I'm sure it's going faster for me than you! Love ya!
Em

Lynn said...

Why on earth do you hate your hands? There are perfectly lovely! I too have gone husbandless for some time- Sure makes you appreciate them when they get home.

Brenna said...

We love EY! Did you guys go to the EY extreme they had last Saturday? Congratulations on getting the job next year. It's nice to have some security with this crazy economy. Roy does audit too and has to explain to sooooooo many people that he doesn't know much about taxes. And he is not a bookkeeper either:)

Shannon said...

So you did The Rex Lee Waddle? Ha ha. That's from Glenn, in case you couldn't tell. Good work for doing anything this late in the game. It takes motivation, that's for sure. And yay for the job. Yay for fingernails. And even bigger yay that you have a husband again! Go celebrate!!!

Kaela Cusack said...

i NOTICED the nails the other day. they look great! i guess there is something to look forward to :)