"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bench Family Reunion 2009

At the end of June, we had a family reunion for my mom's side of the family, the Benches (go ahead, laugh at the last name - my mom actually got sat on in junior high).


Anyway...a majority of the extended family got together for a few days (we sure missed those of you that weren't there!). I think we figured out there were 19 of the 3rd generation, all under the age of 9 and MOST under the age of 4.

It was crazy, to say the least...and a whole lot of fun!

Here's the whole clan! We divided families into colors. The red? Yep, that's the Coxes - 25 of the 52 in the picture...

Have you ever tried to get 25 people to look at the camera at the same time and all be smiling and not have at least one person talking?

Yeah, not an easy task. I think this is the best one we got of our family....
The camp was pretty organized with fun things for the kids to do and hikes and other things. THIS is what we did a good portion of the time. Just talked. :) It's what we do best.

The weather wasn't the greatest - it was kinda cold and a little bit rainy, so we make sure to keep the Karly bug nice and bundled - thanks AJ for bringing the nice warm clothes just in time!

Doesn't she just look so stinkin' cute? :D
Uh...this isn't the best picture of either of us, but I like it. That's my girl!
Karly was one loved little girl! It was fun to have a chance for everyone to meet her. She sure got passed around too! I'd hand her to someone and look over at them 5 minutes later and she'd be gone! Already passed through 2 more people! :)
She was definitely a good sport about all the craziness. And I think she was pretty glad to get to meet all of her cousins and LOTS of her 2nd cousins too!

(By the way, it was a camping reunion, but since it took place just 30 minutes from our house, we just camped one night. I wasn't ready to try to brave 2 nights of camping with a 6 week old.)

1 comments:

Yomama said...

Wow - I hadn't seen this post yet, and I loved it! You mentioned all kinds of things that I would have wanted to, and made it clear that the time together was amazing, wonderful, memorable, funky... You love the fam? Well, the fam loves you, girl! Thanks for sharing in that journalistic panache of yours!
Can't wait for the next time...
So much love,
Yomama
P.S. I'm so glad you liked Karly's blessing dress; I really don't like the way the sleeves turned out...I itch to fix them. :-]