"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

9 Months - way too close to a year!


As always, here are the monkey pictures:
I love the one below because this is how she looks at me when she's on the floor looking up (especially when she's tired). Love the slouchy look.

My little Buddha baby.
And look at the hair! It's getting long and thick and, when I put lotion in it, CURLY!
And some other random pictures and tidbits about the girl:

This girl LOVES anything electronic (don't all babies?); cords, cell phones, computers, etc. If I don't keep her away, she loves to play under here (I finally put a box in the way, so she can't - see my ER post for more details of why...)
Socks. I think that will be her first word, because I am always saying it. Because she is ALWAYS pulling her socks off and eating them. I don't get it. She's ruined several with those little teeth of hers (she has 3 now!).
She loves playing by the door. One day, when she was quite tired, she was yelling at the door hinge. Yeah. Strange kid. :)
This is her Valentine's Day outfit from Grandma Frakes, so we wanted to show it off.
And her cute face. I love this face, with those little cheeks sticking out. SO CUTE!
Man, I love that girl!

Other updates:
-She is getting better at sleeping through the night. She has started to go to bed sometimes as early as 8:30 (Wa-hoo!) and sleeps until usually 7:30, waking up at 6 to eat and sometimes once earlier in the night. But definitely longer lengths of sleep. Wonderful.
-This girl has attitude. When she's eating, she likes to throw things off her high chair. She'll hold it over the edge and look at me like "I'm gonna drop it - what are ya gonna do about it?" And she does drop it.
-She loves the bathroom, I think because she knows it's off limits. We have to ALWAYS keep the door closed and if we forget, she makes a bee-line for the room. (Again, see ER post - BAH).
-For awhile she stopped giving kisses, but she's baa-aaack. She will just give kisses over and over and over!
-She is chatty! Almost always babbling, which is so cute!
-She has perfected the arch-the-back-and-lift-the-arms-so-they-can't-pick-me-up technique. We hate it.

Wow, there are so many more things I could post about! She's so fun to have around and always coming up with new things to make us laugh.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I cant get over how stinking cute she is. You need to bring her in for a visit!!! :)

Brenna said...

I just read your ER post and I just want you to know that sometimes I fell asleep watching caleb too. It happens, so don't feel bad and DEFINITELY don't feel like a bad mom. Glad she's okay! And I have had to call poison control before when my niece found a bottle of children's ibuprofen and drank a few swigs. It's embarrassing to call, but such a great resource.