"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Monday, September 12, 2011

You should have known better than to trust me...

I am 0 for 2 people. 

IT'S A BOY! 

He is not shy at all! In fact, Nate and I were both sure we saw "something" before the ultra sound tech (she was measuring his femur).

Nate told me a few weeks ago (after my family reunion with the gun shooting) that if we had a boy he was going to buy him a gun on the day of his birth. Needless to say, to try to keep the "hickness" away longer, that was one reason I was hoping for a girl. Nate confirmed this morning he will be buying a gun. Awesome. Also, Karly has been saying from the beginning that this was going to be a sister (part of the reason I thought so too - I thought maybe she knew something we didn't), so Nate asked her before the appt. if it was a boy, would she be sad? She said yes. As of right now, she doesn't seem to care. :) And I am excited, albeit embarrassed that I was wrong yet again. No maternal instinct here! 

Here's a cute little full body shot. In case you can't read these things like me, that's his head on the right with his arm above his head and his legs (to his knees) on the left.
And a creepy picture. I think 3D ultrasounds are creepy looking, especially when they're this little. I've got a little alien inside me. :) You can see his arm next to his head again (he had them up there the whole time - either by his face or in his mouth).
Does anyone else think it's just COOL that I get to see my baby before he's here?!? I love ultrasounds. We got to see and hear his heartbeat and see that he has both kidneys (Uncle Trav will be happy) and all his organs and all 10 fingers. This is going to be a long 20 weeks! I want this guy HERE!


And since I've had a couple of requests, here's what he looks like from the outside. Sorry it's not a very good picture. Nate was on the phone and wouldn't take another one. :D This is actually 18 1/2 weeks.

And just since I like comparisons, this is the closest one I had from Karly's pregnancy - this is at 21 weeks.

So there you have it! Oh, and as far as names go? We had a name picked out 3 or 4 years ago and now Nate's not sure he wants to use that, so we'll see.  :) 

5 comments:

Meggin said...

Yay for boys!!! That will be so fun!

D/E G said...

You are posting more updates lately; it was fun to catch up!
I would start crying and be praying for a girl if my husband had said he was getting a gun if it was a boy--but that is my hypersensitivity coming out; Nate can be that way if he wants to be. :)
It will be fun to meet this little guy! Good luck on names; that is always difficult to me!

bonbon said...

Hey Alisa! I was just tracking old roomies and I found your blog. Congrats on #2! That is so exciting. I can't believe everyone is all grown up. You look great for being preggo.

Sara said...

So exciting that you guys are on to number 2! Congrats! One of each will be fun. Seriously this is such a small world. Yes we know the Connor and Lindsey! We were at their place last week. Same complex! Fun that there is another connection. Miss you guys.I Can't believe how big karly is!

Brenna said...

Yay! One of each:) Um, as for the hickness, just know you're not alone. Caleb already has some lined up in his inheritance. You know, our husbands really have a lot in common I think.