Details...
Well, I've made my happy announcement and I can FINALLY tell everyone what I haven't been able to talk about for a few months! Some of it may seem a little like complaining, but I'm definitely not - I'm just sharing what I've gone through with pregnancy these last few weeks, so some of you can relate and some of you can look forward to such fun-ness.
I think I got pretty lucky as far as morning sickness goes. From about week 6 to week 12 (and even occasionally now) I did/do feel nauseous. I haven't thrown up at all (for which I am VERY grateful), but I felt nauseous all the time. It was kind of like being car sick all day every day. Not very fun, but at least I kept everything down. I did lose a lot of weight because nothing sounded/tasted good. I ate Ramen a lot because for awhile that and Buffalo wings were the only things that sounded good.
Now that the nausea is mostly gone, I've started getting lots of headaches. Trade one for the other I guess.
Nate doesn't think I really was that much more tired than normal in my first trimester (at least he doesn't think I SLEPT more than normal), but I was definitely exhausted. There were about 3 or 4 weeks where I showered at night and just threw my hair in a frizzy, awful ponytail every morning because I was too tired to fix it. I straightened my hair a few days ago, so I must be doing better now. I am definitely less exhausted than I was for a few weeks. I must say, I'm glad that's over (though it was nice to always have an excuse to sleep A LOT).
I have no brain. My sister AJ used to talk about something called "Baby Brain" (I'm sure that's a real term). She also commonly said "Baby's eating my brain." I had NO IDEA how true that is! I can't remember anything! If I don't write something down, I will forget it in less than 5 minutes. In fact, when I went visiting teaching last month, I couldn't think of the words "Word of Wisdom." The poor girl I visit teach had to listen to me try to figure it out: "it's that thing in the Doctrine and Covenants that talks about what you should and shouldn't eat..." My sister-in-law Emilie says it never comes back either (that part of the brain my baby is eating). Oh joy.
Those have been the three biggest symptoms I've had. I really haven't been that moody (if anything I've been happier), except when I'm really tired or really hungry.
So there you go! I have my 18 week appointment early December and we find out what we're having December 22! When I scheduled the appointment the receptionist said a cute idea would be to bring a teddy bear to the ultrasound tech with a pink bow and a blue bow. Then when she finds out what the gender is, to tie that bow around the bear and put it in a box (without showing us), then wrap it and open it on Christmas! Cute idea, but I don't think I'll be able to wait. :)
Well, sorry if that was boring. My belly is starting to show in earnest (I can't button some of my pants very well anymore) so I'll have to take a picture in the next few days.
7 years ago
9 comments:
I loved this post. I totally understand. I wouldn't be able to wait to know if it is a boy or girl. :) I'm so excited for you!!!!
haha! I totally understand about the "Baby Brain"!!! And it hasn't come back for me either - in fact I think it may be worse! Oh well. I'm glad you're not sick - your symptoms sound a lot like mine did - maybe that means you're having a girl!! Good luck on waiting to find out the gender - it's so fun!!
just a little bit of advice for the 'fat stage' (not quite in reg. clothes but not big enough for maternity clothes). loop a ponytail holder through the button hole of your jeans and loop it through itself to secure it on your jeans. then you can wrap it around the button as many times as you need!
Oh, the joys of pregnancy:) Your symptoms sound just like my first trimester. I also recommend the hair tie through the buttonhole. i did that until about 30 weeks. Oh, and DownEast shirts are the best. I still wear them instead of maternity tops. Can't wait to find out what you're having--and what names you like!
It probably doesn't seem like it to you, but I feel like it's gone by so fast so far! I can't believe you are finding out what you are having soon, that seemed to take forever. That was a cute idea with the teddy bears. I would probably the present, peek, and wrap it back up again.
I am so waiting for that picture!!!!!!! And to know the gender... loved the post!
Love you!
I've also heard baby brain called "mom-nesia". Don't worry, it will go away after you have the baby, but then you'll be so sleep deprived it will still be hard to think.
I am so excited for you! I hope you have a girl so that you can get bows, dresses, and accessories. But little boys sure are fun.
Congrats!
Anah
I could have found out Sam's gender on dec 19th and we would have done the whole present thing if we had found out the gender beforehand. i think you should do it! it's only 3 days! and that will make it all the more exciting! i am guessing a girl. i don't know why, i just see you as having a girl first. and i have long past lost hope of having even half my brains returned to me... don't get your hopes up... ever. (for a while, jason said i was forbidden to say the 'f word'... which was 'forget')
You just described my pregnancy exactly. My other 3 were different in their own way but #4 is everything you just described. I am over the headaches now though. I am 1 week ahead of you. Good luck.
Post a Comment