"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, November 12, 2008





Still can't tell what I'm posting about? Hmm...I wonder about you. Here, maybe this will help.



A brief note on the following reaction: we really didn't think we would get pregnant when we did. I don't think he believed me at first. Just goes to show Heavenly Father does things in his own time, no matter how or what we plan.




I think I wanted him to jump up and down and start crying like I did. But it's probably better he didn't.

So this picture is for my mom (who has been begging for pictures of me pregnant)
This was me at 6 weeks - I'm actually 14 weeks now and due May 13th. Honestly, I don't look much different from that picture (I've actually lost 7 pounds from then til now). Baby's still hiding somewhere in there...

27 comments:

Jordan said...

Congratulations! I kept asking Nate when this would happen, just like he keeps bugging me about dating/marriage.

Mason said...

CONGRATS!!! We're very excited for you!

Leah said...

YAY! :)

Lant Family said...

Congratulations!

Jed and Leona said...

yeah! that's so exciting...now we need to work on alta! :) you look so good and will the whole pregnancy! how have you been feeling? any sickness or are you one of the lucky ones?

The Winns said...

Congrats on joining the baby wave!

The Hiller Family said...

Alisa! I am so happy for you! I was more excited than Nate in the video you posted!! Sometimes first times Daddy's have no idea what to do! Good luck with EVERYTHING! We are thrilled for you!

Emilie said...

yeah, you really do look awesome. are you sure you're pregnant? oh wait, i'm sure the past few months of nausea are screaming at me right now :) and I love Nate's reaction. classic.

AJ said...

I love the ultrasound picture. Cute little baby is all curled up all snuggly. So cute. And ditto to what everyone else said.

Alisa F. said...

Just for those who think Nate doesn't seem sufficiently excited to be a daddy in that video, it's because I had suspected for about a week that I was pregnant, but didn't want him to catch on, so I told him things to make him think I wasn't (like that since we had traveled that month, I might just be starting late because of that - things like that), so the poor guy REALLY wasn't expecting it. I caught him completely off guard. I wish I'd had a video for the rest of the night (and still now) when he pats my belly and says "Hi baby!" He's very excited. That was just his initial "Really?" reaction.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh--congratulations!!! I can't even tell you how excited I am for you! I know you can't feel the baby now, but you will soon and it will take your breath away. Feeling Baby kick never gets old. The 2nd trimester is the best, so enjoy it. :) You look fantastic, and I hope you're feeling well. Which Dr. are you seeing? (I go to Aspen too and they're the best!)

Leanne said...

Woot Woot!! That is so exciting, congratualtions!! I love the video of Nate BTW. I would have totally said the same thing, " I need a better reaction for the camera!". So cute.

Alycia said...

yeah!!!!! I'v been waiting for this post!! We're SO happy for you guys! You'll make the BEST parents! Get some sleep now cuz you won't get much later and remember EVERYTHING you'll go through with the pregnancy is so worth it in the end!

Lindsey said...

I love how Nathan comes in and asks you what you're reading. How in the world did you keep a straight face? I think his reaction is so...Nathan. I am so excited to find out, as they say in Friends, if it is a Pheobe or a Pheobo!

Jed and Leona said...

jed says, 'spoken like a true man!'

i think every mother-to-be wants their husbands to react all excited but most men don't show it right at first and usually not the way we want them to! leona

Unknown said...

Congrats you two! You're embarking on a very special time....busy time, but also very good. We're excited for you!

D/E G said...

I might as well add my little bit so you have a mountain of comments. I think that was a very creative way to tell Nate, but what did he think of you sitting there with the camera when he walked in or was it hidden? You don't look a speck pregnant so you'd better keep posting pics or we might think you just stole someone's ultrasound pics! :)

Dana and Michael said...

Congrats!!! I was so excited to hear the great news!!

Launi said...

hooray! congratulations! loved his reaction. :)

Joyce said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am just so excited for you! And you look great. I hope you feel great and enjoy everything! Love,

Jerusha said...

Awesome. I am excited for you. We are due only a week apart. I am due with #4 on may 7th. I too lost some pounds, but just last night my baby bump arrived.

Melissa said...

I've been waiting for you to "announce" so I could finally say congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys. LOVE the video! you look fabulous--hopefully you're feeling fab too! :)

Monica Kay said...

haha...that was priceless. congrats alisa!

Sally said...

congrats! that's so exciting!

robbienmeri said...

Alisa, I am soooo happy for you guys! I have wanted to tell you for so long, but I kind of didn't want to until I knew you were pregnant since I know you have wanted this for awhile. You are due just 5 weeks after me. We are having another boy, so I will definitely be busy. You can check out my blog post on it. Congrats again, and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

robbienmeri said...

P.S. I go to the Aspen Women's Center too. They are amazing doctors! They will take great care of you.

Shannon said...

So are you going to post a picture of yourself each week to show how big your belly is getting? Just curious. You know we aren't going to leave you alone now that you are the one with the growing abdomen and not us! I miss some things about being pregnant, but not being HUGE!! Loved this post and how many fun comments it generated.