"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I was reading a post on CJane's Blog this morning and she talked about an article that came out, all about the Mormon blogging world. She talked about how many Mormon bloggers there are and why we all blog.

And it got me thinking.

I got started in the blogging world because a friend from North Dakota started a blog for all of us LDS North Dakotan friends to keep in touch. From there, we all kind of started our own blogs.

For the most part, I've only used my blog as a way to update family and friends on important events in our family and occasionally, my thoughts on certain issues - my Men/Women post and political opinions, for example. And I feel like I'm not blogging properly if I don't have a picture.

But lately, I've run into a couple of blogs that I've never seen a picture on and others that pictures are just the background to what is being written. I used to LOVE to write creatively and feel like I don't do it like I used to (maybe that one Dream post...)

So I'm going to start.

I'm sure I'll never read the level of wittiness or creativity CJane and Normal Mormon Husband have attained, but why not write what I'm thinking/feeling/etc/etc?

Now, this is a GOAL. Kind of like writing in my journal more often is a goal. Which means it just may not happen. And I have a feeling my perspective/priorities will change in about 77 days, which could throw this goal to the wind.

After all, "We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection."

Right?

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I've gone back and forth on whether I want to "write" more on the blog. And so far I've figured less is more in my book. But I would love to see what you come up with. Your posts are ALWAYS fun to read.