"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Holy Crap!


I have changed 4 - count 'em FOUR - poopy diapers since 6:00 this morning.

It's now 11:00.

And these are not "oh-cute-little-amount-of-baby-poo." These are "full-on-come-out-the-side-of-the-diaper-one-even-blew-out-onto-her-leg-baby-poo."

I should have taken a picture of the one that exploded onto her leg, but I was in too much of a hurry to keep it from getting all over everything.

Did I mention she pooped like 3 times yesterday too? So it's not like she hasn't gone for a few days or something.

Like I said, Holy Crap.

8 comments:

Potters said...

I wish Mikah only pooed 3 times a day. He has over 10 a day, consider yourself lucky. ;)

Rachel said...

She's a little stinker! :)

Alycia said...

haha! Don't worry - this will go on and on and on - Brenna STILL does that all the time and she's almost 9 months old! At least she's not eating solids yet - boy those are fun diapers! I have some of her "blow out clothes" soaking in oxy clean at all times to get those stains out. One day she had a blow out so I gave her a bath. She spit up all over herself and her towel when I got her out, so I put her in the tub again to rinse her off. When I got her out again, she pooped all over the towel and peed on the floor. So into the tub she went - AHHH!!

Nisha said...

Got to love the poop! Especially when you decide to take her in the bath with you and she starts pooping. That's always fun! Try different brands of diapers. Babies are made so differently. Hopefully you'll find one she doesn't poop out of!

The Hiller Family said...

Agreed... get used to a lot more crap! Ethan used to have poop in almost every diaper, all day, everyday when he was a newborn! If it was wet, it was most likely poop too!
When can we see her in person!?

Yomama said...

Ummm...You know how I feel about fecal conversations ;->, but just be grateful every time you change our little sweetie for DISPOSABLE DIAPERS! And with all those reality comments from other mommies, don't assume that the babymoon (a poor play on honeymoon) is over; there are so many more pleasant experiences to go with the ...stuff. Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Yomama

D/E G said...

While I like your so cute strawberry post better, I have to throw in my two cents quick! It's really a reassuring thing that her digestive system is running smoothly and that you know she's getting plenty of milk, but I'm sure you knew that already--you're just frustrated w/ the ruined cute outfits! It really is nothing compared to what's coming Miss Two Year Old who shared her diaper contents with certain visiting family members some twenty years ago! ;) Christopher says he can't wait to meet Karly in like one day!! Neither can the rest of us!

Bateman Family said...

Hi guys! Blaine and I are looking at pictures of your cute little girl now and laughing about the diaper experience. We will have that to look forward to in a few months when our little guy gets here! Congratulations!