"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Monday, June 15, 2009

My little strawberry is a month old!


She can't believe it either...


Karly absolutely adores her dad. If she's fussy, she calms down really quickly once she gets into daddy's arms.

This is a perfect combination for getting this girl to sleep: laying on daddy's chest, with a pacifier in her mouth while daddy pats her back (she loves having her back patted, but HATES having it scratched or rubbed).

I think she wants to be like her mommy (this was not posed).

She's already got some stellar dance moves as well. Maybe the combination of her dancing (she is seriously the wiggliest baby ever) and daddy's "magic sleeping hold" is the reason she's started sleeping 5-6 hours a night! Mommy LOVES that. :)

We sure love you Karly Jane!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love her expression in the first picture. And I seriously laughed at the picture of the two of you in the same sleeping pose!! Perfect!!

Lindsey said...

Still a wiggler, huh? I was shocked at her wiggly-ness when she was 2 days old! You must have bruises on the inside from her punching and kicking you. She is looking a lot older at one month! What a cute little strawberry.

altanoreida said...

Oh man! I can totally see you in her now! I love you girl and need to come visit ya'll again. Keep up the good work :)
LYMTGITDS

Yomama said...

Aw, man, does it get any sweeter? What a timely, well-chosen bunch of photos! You're killin' me, 'lis-I really need some Karly snuggles, before she loses the smell of Heaven...or has she? BTW, where did she get that great strawberry outfit? Talk about a photo op! Oh, and mommy and daddy look pretty charming too. ;-}
So much love,
Yomama