Post Pregnancy Lesson #1:
Stop trying to fit into pre-pregnancy clothing less than one month after having baby.
You will only feel depressed.
And fat.
Listen to your husband when he says "It will get better. You can't even exercise yet - don't be hard on yourself until you can actually do something about it."
Also, remember the words you read that said "It took you nine (ten) months to get pregnant, so it could take that long to get back to where you were."
Sigh...
7 years ago
11 comments:
So true! Eventually, you just have pants and shirts in every size so that there's always something to wear.
Oh Alisa....I know how you feel. It is a horrible feeling. It's a really hard thing to be going through. Jordan always says the same thing as Nate. I hate him sometimes for it cause I know he is right. What I think makes it a little worse is having no one to really talk about what you are going through. Husbands can help alot with that, but only to a certain extent. If you need someone to talk to...I am here if ya need. You are beautiful person! Something that helped me was going to Tjmaxx and buying a pair of 20 dollar pants that fit, and through out the on coming weeks they have slowly got bigger. That will make ya feel better. Love ya lots!
i hear you...it has almost been 3 months and i am still not quite fitting into pre pregnancy pants, boo! but it does slowly get better, but i emphasize slowly. i think i try on my whole closet full of skirts on sunday and we are always late because i can't find anything that fits quite right and i do not want to wear my maternity dresses anymore. but like paige said if you need anyone to complain to who understands the pain, give me a call. love ya!
I learned it is well worth the money to buy some postpartum clothes. It helped my self esteem to have some new clothes that fit my current body. Don't worry...the weight WILL come off and your cute clothes will fit again.
Ah, not to be a downer but then you still have your um, milk jugs that take up more space than they used to so it's always an issue of where is my old body?? But it's allllll worth it don't you think???? My kiddo is now 8 months and I still have my yucky fat and I don't feel right days. The previous posters all gave good suggestions, I'm just rambling. Love ya.
My lesson #1 after Ava was: Don't weigh yourself! haha.
I just have to say...the weight WILL come off, and it will happen sooner than you think. Especially if you're breastfeeding, it will just start to melt away. The sweet little baby in your arms is just worth it all, though, isn't she?!
don't get too discouraged! i have several pre-prego clothes that just don't fit the same, even though i weigh less now than i did when i got married. some clothes you just have to let go... and replace them with fun new ones! let's go shopping and then learn to decorate cakes!
plus, if we could go home from the hospital in our pre-preg clothes, having babies wouldn't be that much of a sacrifice! it's our first proof of love for our little ones! (kinda like the more you weigh the more you love your baby or something!)
I was surprised about that too, after I had Christopher.
my baby is 7 1/2 months old and I still can't wear a large portion of my "skinny" clothes. it takes time! good advice from Nate. when you get discouraged just look at your beautiful baby girl and remember that it is totally worth it for her! you're doing a great job with her.
I agree with the person that said you might lose all the baby weight, but your body could be shaped differently. Totally the case for me. Still getting trying to get use to it!
GIRLFRIENDS GUIDE!!!
Post a Comment