"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone
This idea was stolen (and one part modified) from my friend Becki (gotta give credit when it's due, yeah?).
We have this ugly breaker box in our hallway, so Nate and I figured out a good craft to cover it.

We have our family pictures there, so we thought up a quote to go onto a canvas that I also covered and mod podged (is that a word?) with cloth. I love the way it turned out (
aside from the slightly too high INS - am I the only one who noticed?)


See? Looks much better with that there, huh?
I also made some squares that I just covered in fabric the same way. I'm still deciding how I feel about the colors and how/where I placed them on the wall. I'll get used to it I'm sure (or change it).


What do you think of their arrangement on the wall? Seriously, I want opinions.

This last one, I just covered a wooden F with paper and mod podged it. I think the color is lighter than I want though - too close to the wall color so it doesn't really pop. ;)
2 comments:
INS is not higher. You ARE the only one who noticed, because it's baloney. You may notice I'm commenting as I scroll down, whereas you posted going up. Hope my comments make sense when you read them... Annoyed yet? I'm overwhelmed, that's for sure...
I can see that it is higher, but I only noticed because you said it. It is a genius idea. And the fabric things are cute, but I think you need something else with them. I don't think they are bold enough patterns on their own to stand alone. A couple of cool pictures or something grouped with them too maybe? I don't know.
Post a Comment