"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Photography


In January when I realized I would have my whole evenings free, I decided I would need a hobby. I considered some options and decided I wanted to try photography. However, since for the last four months, it has been almost dark when I got home from work, I decided I would wait to start my new fun (instead I watched movies, Friends & Lost all winter).

Now that it's finally warming up (and lighting up) I think I might start trying my hand at it.

The reason I thought of all this was because I was looking through some of our old pictures and found a couple I took that I was kind of impressed with.




This one is at Temple Square at Christmas - they put little floating candles on the reflection pool and I just thought they looked so beautiful.




This was at my cousin Alta's wedding last spring at the Logan temple. There were tulips EVERYWHERE! It kind of reminds me of "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!" Doesn't it just look like you could take a walk through the flower bed?!



Anyway, wish me luck on my new hobby! I'll post if I manage to take any good pics.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Those are gorgeous! I love photography. I also love that scripture you have on top--I definitely needed to be reminded of that today. :)

AJ said...

I haven't seen the candle one, that is really cool. Those could definitely be framed.

D/E G said...

I'm always hoping for a beautiful shot without really knowing what I'm doing. You obviously already know something I haven't bothered to figure out. Let me know if you have any tips.

Shannon said...

The pics are awesome, would love copies if you sell them! And I really like your new background too. The colors are my fave, so springy! Your blog is a happy place I like visiting!!!

melis w-y said...

luck! :) it looks like you definitely have a knack for it. and I also wanted to say that the scripture heading your blog is my favorite scripture! I think we have more in common than we know...I'm glad we get to know each other better via blogs!

Monica Kay said...

alisa...your pictures look amazing. and we really, really , really need to play soon. i'm ready to tear my hair out...

Mason said...

Hey, guys!

Thanks a lot for the buffalo wings and the games. That was a ton of fun. We really enjoyed ourselves and hope to get together again soon!

-Mason and Ashley

Mason said...

PS

maselovesash.blogspot.com is our blog. Forgot to include that in our post. See ya later!

-Mason and Ashley

melis w-y said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AJ said...

These are pretty pictures, but I really want to see something new. Take a picture of Nate or something and post it.