Thank you Melissa! And Rex Lee!
My cousin ran a half marathon a couple of weeks ago and I thought "I want to do that!" (I seem to want to do what others do a lot....).
So I signed up to run the 5k of the Rex Lee Run. Next Saturday.
I haven't gone running for MONTHS. Literally. That last time I went running was with my father-in-law in July.
I do go to an aerobics class where I get a pretty SWEET workout, but I'll be honest: I'm a little worried I'm going to hurt myself somewhere in those 3 measly miles (I used to run that far and farther several times a week - it's sad how far I have digressed).
So I wanted to publicly thank Melissa for motivating me.
And ask you all to pray for me.
*I'll see if I can convince my husband to be at the finish line so you all can have proof that I CAN in fact run 3.1 miles. Ha ha
7 years ago
3 comments:
you're adorable! and don't worry about the run, you'll be great-- especially since you're doing aerobics. way to get re-motivated about changing, btw--it's so easy to just get stuck doing the same old routine. just relax and have fun! I just kept telling myself, "what's the worst that could happen? I would have to walk." :)
Gee - who would have thought blogs would be a place to inspire others... I have to question this Molten chocolate cake recipe immediately followed by a commitment to running; Did one inspire the other? ;-}
Check my blog for a couple of recipes that may not inspire right away, but are amazingly satisfying.
Hugs, Yomama
JJ and I are going to run the Rex Lee run. We have been running since x-mas to get ready for it. BUT we have still yet to run the 3 miles. We get to 2 and are done. So we will see how 3.1 miles treats us. I am hoping that the downhills will give me that extra umph. I have been doing BYU Kickboxing and Step but I just think running is so different. Well good Luck. I am totally in this for the t-shirt. Maybe I will see you there. And Melissa is right what is the worst, walking?
Post a Comment