The Winds of Change......or something
My oldest sister recently got a haircut. My first thought when I looked at the pictures was "Oohhh, I want one!" But then I remembered I'm growing my hair out.
Then I thought "Maybe I'll just dye it." But then I remembered I love my hair color.
Then I thought "Maybe I'll buy a console table to go in my living room so IT looks different." But then I remembered we don't have $100+ to spend on silly furniture.
Then I thought "Maybe I'll just rearrange all my furniture to make it sort of different." But then I remembered it won't look good/fit any other way.
Then I thought "I'm a freak. Why does my sister's cutting her hair prompt all this thought process?"
And I realized. It has nothing to do with my sister.
It's all about my dad.
You see, my dad is the kind of person who always likes to be doing something. Even if he builds a brand new house, he has to have a new jeep to fix or an apartment that needs to be remodeled. And I just happen to be very much like my dad in that way. But I can't afford a jeep or a new house to build. But I need change and variety and stuff.
So, I need something different. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to have a little variety in myself/my house/etc?
7 years ago
6 comments:
Wow, you said that well! I think maybe that restlessness is in all of us and we just channel it differently. Some people buy a lot of things, some fix things, some don't have a steady job, some cut their hair, some just roam around on blogs and live change vicariously...You get my point. As far as suggestions, I don't really have any except maybe start a new hobby or something. Exercise or doing things with my hands keeps me from being restless sometimes. I don't know. But that's not permanent. Hmmmm.
Have a baby!
and then let me babysit. So I can live vicariously.
Train for that run. You have it in you, you'll do great, feel good about yourself, and be ready for... whatever is next!
Love you more than new things, Yomama
I'm the same way, only I never have the guts to cut my hair. So I just keep super busy--I get up early and go go go until 11 or 12 at night. I like to switch up the routine a lot, too. Trying to make new foods or desserts works for me, as well as trying new workout routines. If I had the money, I'd probably just buy new clothes all the time...but I don't. :) Or you can have a baby--that will change things up!
Oh and I meant to tell you that cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com has super cute backgrounds that don't erase links you already have...and they're free. Check it out.
Having a baby would literally change everything and you will always be busy, then you'll want to be making baby stuff, but find you won't have the time and then you will want to do lots of other stuff, but you don't have the energy! If that isn't an option, then you could always start your own business! ha ha ha
Good luck! just be content with "having nothing to do" right now. I think it could just be the season you are in, in your life right now... enjoy it! Just sit and do nothing! Let that drive you crazy! You could always wear Nathan's clothes for a change!! J/K
Post a Comment