"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

BABY MAMA
(no, this is not a pregnancy announcement...)










This past weekend, we went to the movie Baby Mama. For those who haven't seen this, you need to. It's HILARIOUS!

While, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, its affect on my subconscious produced QUITE the dream. That night, I had a dream that I was pregnant. But the dream didn't end at pregnancy.

Oh no.

In my dream, I actually went into labor (I vividly remember the pain, even from a dream) and had the baby. Since I know you're all curious, it was a boy.

And he was beautiful.

It was SUCH a powerfully moving dream that I woke up depressed that is wasn't real. He was so amazing and I connected with him instantly. Weird how wanting a baby can do that, huh?

So, I say "Go watch Baby Mama" but I also warned you of the potential results of seeing it (which could be awkward if you're a boy).

5 comments:

Becki said...

Then geez I'm not seeing it. If I have to dream I'm pregnant one more night I'm going to consider tearing out my ovaries.

The Hiller Family said...

You do know that this means you will most likely have a boy first and if not first, then you will have to keep having kids until you have a boy!! ha ha ha
Thanks for the review, I was really wondering if it would be worth it! Date time!!

Yomama said...

not gonna lie Alisa, my favorite part of this entire post is the last paranthees (sorry i cant spell :D)
heh makes me laugh every time!
im glad you have such a good imagination.
:D

mel

AJ said...

Did you also read my post on my blog recently? That could have played into it. Or you are just really needing to see my little boy. I have told you my theory on dreams, so maybe it is more real than you think. Maybe....

Alisa Frakes said...

Haha. Maybe AJ - though your dream theory was wrong last time, so I don't know... But yes, I did read your blog probably the day before we watched the movie. That's probably where the boy came from (though he didn't look like Jimmy). I guess we'll find out someday if it really meant anything or was just the thoughts already in my head just bouncing around... :)