Good Luck - this is RANDOM
So, I have these great pictures to upload from this really fun thing we did last weekend, but I keep forgetting to get the pictures off the camera. Nate also has some pictures he needs to post, but we're slackers and I feel bad not posting.
SO
Last Friday Nate, Trav, Damien and Brett went to The Dark Knight (Natalya and Rachel didn't want to see it and I didn't want to spend so much on a movie I only sort of wanted to see). So we girls had a "girl's night in." Aside from nights spent with AJ when Josh was working, this was probably the most girly night I've had. :) All three of us have curly hair so we did this cool hair treatment, painted our toenails, made cookies and watched The Other Boleyn Girl.
This is probably not a movie you want to watch with kids or even teenagers, but it was a very well made movie. While much of the plot centers around mistresses and what people will do to gain power, it definitely didn't portray it as a good thing and showed what can happen to a family and a country when that becomes acceptable. It was a historical movie that made me realize I knew nothing about the time period, except that Henry VIII got married like 8 times and started the Church of England so he could divorce his wife (I actually got on Wikipedia after I watched the movie to figure out who went where and when certain things happened).
This movie is very much a story about a family, though. As a person who is very close to her family, I could relate to the emotions they were feeling as they did what they could for each other, even while sacrificing things for themselves. Anyway, it is a very enjoyable movie that really plays on your emotions. If you watch it, let me know what you think.
So that was our girl's night in. I have to say, while I love spending time with Nate and the fun things we do together, I think it is VERY important to have time apart - time to do your own things or just be with other girls/guys. In my opinion, it's not good to spend all of your time just with your spouse (and that could just be my personality - I need more space than lots of people I know) - you each need to have your own interests. It makes the time you spend together that much better because you don't feel like it's forced. I think we felt that way when we were first married - that we always needed to be together, but we've learned that it's better to have some time apart.
Anyway, this was the MOST random post of my life. I hope you enjoyed it (and kept up - I'm not sure I did....).
7 years ago
4 comments:
First off, LOVED The Other Boelyn Girl...second off, you're reading The Kite Runner??? Is the book any good? Because I watched the movie and cried and then saw the book yesterday at Target and wanted to get it...
Yeah - get the book. It's almost identical to the movie, actually, but of course (as all books are) with more detail and more of what Amir is thinking - details you can't get from the movie. If you loved the movie, you'll love the book.
i think ive heard of kite runner.
but anyways
i think i would have rather seen dark knight than the other boleyn girl.
we watched it last night and though it was well made i just got mad at the stupidity of the characters and such that it was hard for me to enjoy it.
however i have only heard good things about dark knight.
and i still havent seen that.
ill probably get around to it....eventually
:P
love
mel
Leaving this comment after we talked about it on the phone, because, no I hadn't seen this post, I only knew you liked it...No more comment needed, but I like how much info you include on your blog. Both of you...
Hugs, Yomama
Post a Comment