I know everyone says they have the greatest mom in the world, but I actually really do.
Mom was able to come out and stay with us for a week after Karly was born and I'm pretty sure I would NOT have made it through that week without her! (I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to make it through THIS week without her). She did EVERYTHING! I felt almost guilty at times at how much she was doing and all she would say it how lucky she felt that she gets to be the one to be there to help her kids after they have babies.
She cooked dinner every night, bought us lots of yummy food, did the laundry, cleaned the house, took Karly in the mornings for a couple of hours so I could get more sleep, reassured me that I am going to be a good mommy, gave back massages to half the people who came over, and the list goes on and on!
I LOVED having her here and getting to spend time with her and just chat with her.
I'm so lucky to have her for a mom and have such an amazing example of what a mom should be like - most of you who read this blog already know what a terrific person she is and she's like a mother to many of you too, huh? I'm not sure I could even count how many people in her life have considered her a 2nd mom. She's an amazing woman.
I love you mom! Thanks again and again for all you did and all you do! We miss you already!
7 comments:
Oh I agree! Your mother is wonderful! She doesn't let me walk by without a hug. I just love her!
And Karly is beautiful! I'm so happy for you and Nathan! You will be a great mom.
I totally second everything you said. She is fantastic!
Um...Wow. I'm teary-eyed, flattered, warmed, overwhelmed, and not sure any of it is deserved. Someday (a bit of a reach to conceive of right now), you will be doing the same thing for Karly and counting yourself blessed for the privilege, as I do. It was delightful to be with you all, and though I couldn't kiss her excessively (stinkin' cold), I already so much miss holding and cuddling your precious Karly Jane, seeing her learn to focus her sweet gaze, and smelling the Heaven still all about her. So don't forget to savor each tender moment in duplicate -- for me too! So much love, Yomama
P.S. Why do I always have to look so scary in pictures?? But thanks for the memories...
right before you said many see her as a 2nd mom, i was thinking the same thing! i can't even count all the times she was like a mom to me in high school. karla, i love your guts!
you mean she isn't my mom!? My life has been a lie!!
There is nothing better than a wonderful mother and especially grandmother!!
karla, you deserve all the praise you get! I agree she's the best! I feel honored to know her and call her my friend! Alisa, you are a great mom!
Post a Comment