7 days. Can you believe that? Granted, she may not come in exactly 7 days, but just the idea that I've made it through almost a whole pregnancy already is just crazy!
And we are SO excited for her to be here!
Nate keeps putting his hands on the top of my stomach, trying to push her down to get her to come (I've tried explaining that it doesn't work that way, but he's determined that will get her out)! The good news is, she has actually dropped - I can breathe again! And live without constant heartburn! But now I have to pee 27 times a day! (there's always something...).
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday that went MUCH better than last week! My blood pressure was back to normal and everything was good. The doctor (or nurse midwife, I should say) said her head is still pretty high, but I'm dilated to 1 centimeter! I've been having lots of contractions, just randomly throughout the day and night as well. Nothing consistent, but definitely there (I asked the NM if they were Braxton Hicks or real contractions and how do I tell the difference and she said she can almost guarantee they are real contractions at this point).
By the way, speaking of all these "baby terms" it's really funny to talk about these things in front of Nate and his brother and friends. They cringe at words like "dilating," "effacing," "crowning," (that one actually gets the best reaction) and "stripping membranes," (that's when they ask us kindly to shut up). :D I've tried telling them they need to get used to it, but there's still ALWAYS some kind of reaction to those words. I love it. :)
So that's the update. Things are going great! I'm enjoying being home all day and getting those last few "nesting" things done that I thought I wouldn't be able to get done because of work. I'll put up pictures of the baby's room soon. I kind of want to get the bumper pad finished first, but if it starts to take too long, I may just post pictures of the room as it is.
7 years ago
7 comments:
wooo hooo! it's such a feeling of accomplishment to make it this far along! hopefully your next couple weeks will go great! and fast! good luck with everything! where are you delivering?
In my opinion, that word [the one I deleted from previous comments] should be eradicated from the English language. But since I'm not king of the English language, I'll settle with eradicating it from our blog.
God bless you sweet Alisa. I pray for the safe arrival of your sweet little one. I hope everything will go smoothly for you both. Do you have names picked out yet?
I'm sure you never really sit around eating ice cream and wondering what to do, but if you do, pull out the knitting needles or the crochet hook! Auntie D.
Oh, 'scuse me, that's Gr'auntie D. BTW. I don't know where you live. How will I know where to bring a little gift? Love you and can't wait.
Good Luck with the baby! That is so exciting!!! Don't count on the 7 days... my baby came 5 days late (I was way disappointed because I was counting on his due date) Anyway, I wish you all the best!
Post a Comment