My doctor is the coolest.
So I went to my doctor appointment today.
I have no idea how dilated or effaced I am. He didn't tell me.
He did tell me I have two options:
1. We can let nature take it's course and let her come when she comes. However, since my blood pressure was back up a bit today and there was protein in my urine (meaning the onset of toxemia) and I'm so swollen with water retention, they would need to do stress tests every Thursday and Monday until she's here. Hmm...
2. Put me in the hospital tomorrow (yes, TOMORROW), give me Cervidil around 4 pm, and let me sleep the night there. They would then induce me 12 hours later (so about 4 am) and she would come sometime on Thursday (doctor guessed early afternoon).
He told me I could go talk to Nathan and let him know. I told him I didn't need to as I already knew what Nathan would pick.
Any guesses on which option I chose?
8 comments:
oooh, oooh, option 2!!!
Yesss! She will be here Thursday! Oh, I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see what she will look like! That is so nice cause you can kind of plan out when she will be here!
yay for cool doctors!!! I've been checking your post constantly for updates! good luck, oh, and your baby room is adorable! good job, guys.
Cervidil is awesome! It was enough for my body to kick in natural labor. Good luck! I can't wait to see pics.
I had the cervidil (and I wasn't dilated at all) at noon and I was dilated to a nine by 5pm. I'm so excited for you!! Best of luck. Your little lady is going to melt your heart. :)
I say whichever option allows Nate to experience Lost's season finale tonight is the wiser choice.
Yay! Good luck!
Very very exciting Alisa! Good luck and I can't wait to see your beautiful baby girl soon!!
Post a Comment