"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cooking injuries in the last week and a half:


1. burned the top of my hand on the oven element
2. sliced my finger with a santuko knife (twice I think...)
3. stabbed my palm with a knife
4. burned my thumb on the oven shelf
5. peeled my finger with a vegetable peeler
6. steamed my hand while taking a lid of a boiling pot

7. Not a cooking injury, but bit my tongue and lip - both bled.

Granted, most of them were not awful injuries, but I'm beginning to think I should stop cooking altogether before I lose an appendage or bleed to death.

3 comments:

AJ said...

I wouldn't stop cooking, but maybe be more cautious. Those all sound like you were trying to go too fast or not being very careful. :)

Rachel said...

Sounds like someone else I know! :)

Shannon said...

I wish I could say I didn't know what you are talking about. I'm sure every good cook has battle scars.