"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife

Weirdest. Movie. Ever.


If you haven't seen it, don't bother. I can tell you all the awful, boring, ridiculous details.

If you have and happened to like it...why?

If you know me very well, you know there are few movies I would say were awful and a waste of my time. Benjamin Button and this are probably on the top of my list.

So if you still decide to watch it, don't say I didn't warn you.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Have you read the book? The book is very good and definitely worth reading, and reading it makes the movie a lot better. I think I would have been confused during the movie if I hadn't read it.

AJ said...

Yeah, read the book instead. I read it (at least I think I did, I remember reading most of it, but I can't remember how it ends. Weird.) and it was good. And I thought Benjamin Button was weird too, but there was still something interesting about it. Hmm, now I can't remember if I liked it or not. Sorry my brain is apparently fried. I guess I shouldn't have commented.

Rachel said...

I liked it. Did you just have a hard time following the plot line?

Alisa F. said...

Chelsea and AJ: would reading the book erase all the stupid things like: deer accident death (weird), miscarriages because the baby "travels" out of the womb (weird), or having you-know-what with a younger version of your husband (way weird)? Those are just the weirdest.
Rachel: There was barely any plot to begin with. I followed what was there and just thought it was the awful.

Lindsey said...

I liked the movie better than the book; it edited out all of the vulgarity that was in the book. But I also read the book first so maybe the movie made more sense. I thought it was an interesting idea, and Troy liked it too, and you know how picky he is! Now that you mention those "weird" moments, I guess they were kinda weird... I guess I won't be watching Benjamin Button though, thanks for the heads up on that!

Jordy and Paiger said...

hahaha. I thought it was good. But, here is why...Jordan was leaving the next morning to go climb Mt. St. Helens and I was worried about him going. Then yadah yadah yadah.... husband dies at the end of the movie...So I was a little vulnerable anyways...but I wouldn't watch it again or purchase it. I did like Benjamin Button though. I thought it was entertaining.

AJ said...

I think I remember why I can't remember the book. I think I stopped reading it because the guy part of the story was too vulgar. maybe. I liked the story idea. I think it was just too much stuff I didn't want to read. Hmm.