Karly and I have spent over 16 hours in the car in the last week.
She hated her car seat before. Now it's just a torture tool. Poor girl.
Nate was really busy with school last week, so Karly and I spent Monday-Thursday morning with my cousins in Altamont, UT (ever heard of it?). It was great to spend time with them - it's been way too long. I forgot how funny Alta is and how sarcastic Nelson is. :) Nancy was so good with Karly (makes sense, since she had 6 of her own!).
I didn't take many pictures - surprise surprise - but here are some that I got:
keeping ourselves entertained.
This is mostly for my parents and siblings. This is the house we lived in until I was 10. The house used to be a darker green with a bright red door. It was awesome. It looks so much smaller...
And here's the back yard. They tore out the raspberry patch. :( They don't know what they're missing. (and the yard looks bigger than I remember - maybe it's because there used to be a garden taking up about half that yard).
(This is a random in between picture...)
Heil Hitler! (can I say that on here? It's just a joke) She has started raising her hand like this all the time. Sometimes like she's waiving, sometimes when she wants to be picked up, sometimes when she's trying to give you something and sometimes when she wants something. So pretty much all the time.
ANYWAY, on to our other trip. Nate decided really last minute that we should drive to Denver to help his parents unpack their new house. So Friday, we drove the 7 hours to surprise his parents. We set Karly on the porch, rang the doorbell and hid. It was pretty cute.
We spent a good part of Saturday unpacking and organizing, but that doesn't mean we didn't have time for fun! With Karly at the center of it all.
She had a love/hate relationship with Jake the dog (hah - that could be The Bachelor too, huh?) She would crawl toward him, but keep her distance and just kind of yell and put her hands up to us like she wanted us to pick her up. In the above video is how she reacted when she got too close (this is also how she reacts to the vacuum, by the way)
Just look at her toes...
Anyway, it was a fun, albeit SHORT trip. It was fun to see their house (we'll be living there for a little while when we move to Denver) and can't wait to be there for good!
4 comments:
I love Karly's reaction to Jake. She is doing better than James did the first time he saw a big dog. He got really tense in my arms and screamed really loud and scared like when the dog got closer.
And I hate what they did to the back yard of our old house. I mean really, how could you get rid of all of the yummy raspberries. That deck is a little out of control. Seriously. Oh well.
Thanks for the pictures of your UB visit (Nancy looks skinny!Maybe I'm just fat), mixed though the emotions be... And it was fun to see little bits of Dan and Kippy's house, in the background of Karly experiencing that fierce dog Jake! ;-}
Sure love y'all,
Yomama
Oh - and we thought that picture of Karly wearing the glasses was reminiscent of you wearing big googly glasses - except you put the big pink ones you were wearing on yourself!
Hugs, Yomama
Believe it or not I do know where ALtamont is. One of my very best friends is from there. :) Glad you had a safe trip.
Post a Comment