"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Question for other moms (or people who know):

I feed Karly frozen veggies and canned fruits from time to time (they're good because she can feed herself and she doesn't seem to like to let me feed her anymore). They seem to...uh...go right through her, if you know what I mean. Does she get any nutrients from them when they don't even seem to be digested all the way?


Just curious.

Sorry if that's awkward. :)

6 comments:

Jordy and Paiger said...

The same happens to Adrienne! When you find out let me know.

AJ said...

Um, I can't say for sure, but she does get some. Not the full amount as if she chewed it all the way, but probably some. You should probably still try to mash them some for her so she doesn't just swallow them whole. I don't know though. Its hard to mash stuff when she wants to do it herself.

AJ said...

And maybe balance it out with something that won't go through her as quickly. Cheese? I don't know if your doing any dairy yet, but yogart? Small pieces of bread, tortilla. Things like that. Maybe that will help slow things down some.?

Alycia said...

Good question. Brenna STILL has this happen - I don't know how to get that girl to chew better!

Sally said...

i asked my doctor about that since sam apparently was allergic to chewing his food too. she told me you'd be surprised how much nutrients they still get out of them, even when they still look intact.
and i think aj has some good ideas to slow it down....

Rob and Marseille said...

michaels yams look the same way too...but i assume he's getting stuff from those...