"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Diez Meses!




Karly is 10 months old. I always hear people say "time has gone by so fast - I can't believe how big he/she is!" Well, Karly is ridiculously petite and I don't feel like it's gone by all that fast. It feels like she's been around for about 10 months. :D

She is a smart girl! Actually, she might be totally average, but I think she's really smart. I love how quickly she catches on to things like "So Big."

Lately she:

-Fake sneezes and coughs. It's hilarious and I'll try to get a video sometime.

-Says "yucky." It's not that clear, but if I say something is yucky (which is apparently quite often), she crinkles her nose and does a sort of guttural sound that resembles the word yucky.

-Copies many sounds I make, including animal noises. She can do an elephant, duck, dog, cat (well, sort of mouths it, actually) and just laughs at me when I do a pig noise.

-Is SO determined. If she wants something she does everything she can to get it, including throwing tantrums and arching her back to get away. I hate it. :)

-Refuses to nurse anymore, so she's only bottle fed now. Lately, she hasn't been eating very well either, so we go through about 7 bottles a day.

-Has 5 teeth! She just got her 5th in yesterday, so it's been a rough few days (I think that's why she hasn't been eating well)

-Fake cries brilliantly and all to often.

-Waves hello and bye bye.

-Took her first step today! She was just trying to reach for me and took a step to get closer. It was awesome. :)

And now the beloved Monkey picture:
This is the only decent one I got because she kept doing this:
She thought it was SO funny to push the monkey over. Bully.

We also went for a walk to day and took some cute pictures.
I hope you can see it okay in collage form. I didn't want to post all those pictures. :)

1 comments:

Yomama said...

Wow- this post was almost as good as spending an hour with you two. Well, almost. Okay, not even close. But it was dang-shoot good stuff! Now, how about let's spend an hour together... sigh.
You really do have a fun, endearing, SMART, makes-me-want-to-hug-her-and-play-with-her child!
Tell her hi from me, give her a hug and kiss, and sing her her very own song, so she will feel my love... Or call and let's do it together on the webcam!
Love you all,
Yomama