I resign.
I just wanted to let you all know, I am resigning from my interest in politics.
I don't like being an angry person and after yesterday, I'm just angry. Every news website -- actually nearly EVERY website -- I've seen today is just MAKING ME ANGRY. So I resign. No more politics.
But you're welcome to let me know if something good happens....
Something that might make me change my mind about finding a new country to live in.
7 years ago
7 comments:
AMEN!
We have such mean husbands for getting us into these things just so our hearts can be smashed.
Hey, sorry if that clip I sent you added to the anger, unfortunately it did that for me too. Maybe we could start a family colony somewhere in the Atlantic or Carribbean or something, what do you say? Sigh. Things have to get better, they just have to, as soon as it all calms down. Whenever that is...
Alisa, let your soul be at peace. Trust me, I know McCain's weaknesses as well as anyone, but he will do three important things. He will appoint conservative justices, he will have a strong conservative VP, he will veto big spending bills, he will surround himself with at least some wise, conservative advisers and he will do well with fighting terrorists (keeping your family safe). That's not even mentioning the bad things he won't be doing that a liberal democrat president would do.
Additionally, we have many reasons to believe that Romney would not have ever been able to be elected. So this may just be the best we could have hoped for.
Onward and upward.
Please don't resign. Just take a break... Remember the quote (I wish I could remember who said it and say it right, not paraphrased), "Satan's greatest triumph is when good men do nothing." Yeah, you're not a man and all that, but that comment above me helped my feelings. I was so stirred up last night (tues.) I wasn't sure how to calm down about it, and was pretty sure I can't vote in the November election. But, whether Romney makes it to the nomination or not, he has accomplished a great deal of good, and I'm grateful for that. Maybe it's just not time yet.
I love you, Yomama
P.S. thanks for feeling passionately about things: the candidates, succession in the church, babies, etc. Life is better when you care! Smoochies, Yomama
I also resign.
Thanks for your example.
No more politics, at least not for a few minutes.
That's exactly how I feel now too... almost like there's no point to try anymore, we're screwed! :) I keep thinkning Romney will decide to come back! Wishful thinking!
Post a Comment