"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Since my last post delivered so much commentary, I thought I would post something that will probably not get a single comment. Maybe one or two. :)

I saw this idea on someone else's blog and just tried it with the book I had, so here goes:

Instructions:
1. Grab the nearest book (that is at least 123 pages long).
2. Open to p. 123.
3. Go down to the 5th sentence.
4. Type in the following 3 sentences.
(There was an instruction to tag five people, but I figure if you want to do this, you will)

I will be amazed at anyone who can name this novel (except Nathan and AJ), but you can try!

"Born to the prospect of such affluence! I cannot conceive of a situation more deplorable. The interest of two thousand pounds -- how can a man live on it!"

8 comments:

D-n-E said...

It sounds Austin-esque to me. Danny and I's guess is Pride and Prejudice.

Chrysalis said...

Totally Sense and Sensibility- It has to be :)

AJ said...

Ooh, I know and I want to tell. Can I? (I only know because I talked to you about it. I am impressed that the other two could figure out the author.)

Alisa Frakes said...

AJ! You're cheating! And you might not be right about the book....let's see if anyone else knows.

D-n-E said...

Chrys is right, it's Sense and Sensibility. Though anything that talks about affluence and whether or not someone could possibly live on only 2000 pounds has to be Austen.

Alisa F. said...

Okay, okay. You're right! I am amazed -- that means you guys are freaks like me. :) Yes, it's Sense and Sensibility. It was Mr. Dashwood that said it, referring to Edward after they found out about his secret engagement to Lucy Steele. But you probably already knew that. :)

Yomama said...

I'm too late to play, but I would have guessed Jane Austen, and didn't have a clue which book. I, the mom who wanted all my kids to read voraciously, have never actually read a Jane Austen book. Brontes, yes, several other British authors, yes, but no Austen. I guess I'm out of the club... Love you all, Yomama/Karla

D/E G said...

I'm sad I'm too slow. I thought for sure it was from "Fluid Dynamics," a physics textbook my roommate had.

Darren