Politics...usually not my topic....
My sister AJ and I have been talking politics a lot over the past couple of days. Since I'm married to a political freak :) I have learned a lot about the candidates and issues this time around and am actually amazed at how opinionated I am about the candidates. Basically (and I'm sorry if this offends anyone) I can't understand how any morally descent person could vote for McCain. Even if you agree with some of his policies/ideas/etc., his life resembles Bill Clinton's too closely for comfort (except McCain shows no remorse...). I know people say you shouldn't let a man's personal life affect your vote for him, but I can't help it (plus, I disagree with some of his views on issues). Anyway, AJ showed me this website that gives information about each of the candidates. If you have time, take a look. I would say specifically look at the difference in the bios for Romney and McCain. The stark difference between them really just baffles me. Anyway...that's my rant... :) Here's the website: Presidential Election 2008 Candidates
7 years ago
1 comments:
I agree Alisa, I agree. I have followed this election A LOT more than any other election, I suppose in large part because of Mitt Romney. I just really like the guy and think he is doing a lot of good for the church. I think a lot of people are at least seeing a Mormon and getting to know one, since in large part, most people still don't know one (which is also one of my reasons for wanting to leave Utah; so that I can be that person that others know). Anyhow it's interesting to see how much Huckabee (a baptist minister ) and McCain hate Romney. I mean they take so many jabs at the guy. Anyhow I am not sure Mitt will win anymore (I came to this realization tonight, although CA could come through, who knows) but I think President Hinckley was right when he counseled Mitt saying it would be good if you ran and won and it would be good if you ran and lost, meaning either way it would be a good experience.....by the looks of how much I have written, I suppose I should've just done my own blog, anyhow later.
Post a Comment