"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Nate the Great!

I'm stealing Annie's spouse tag! :) Since my husband has yet to have any interest in starting/contributing to blogging, I'll just embarrass him by talking about him (plus, I have nothing to do at work right now....)!

What is his name? Nathan Andrew (which he would have you all know, means "manly") Frakes

How long have you been married? 20 months

How long did you date? 2 months, then we were engaged for 3 (look at that - we've been married 4 times as long as we knew each other before we got married!)

How old his he? 23


Who eats more? Probably me, which is pathetic. In fact, last year I gained weight and he lost. No good.


Who said I love you first? We still have a dispute about this I think. He said it in a text message (so maybe that doesn't count?), so he says I said it first. But honestly, I think we just can't remember.


Who is taller? Nate


Who can sing better? If one of us is actually trying? We both tend to belt horribly, but I probably sing better when I'm trying.

Who is smarter? Definitely Nate.

Who does the laundry? Alisa (though Nate does help fold when he has time)


Who does the dishes? Both, but mostly me because I have more time (and despise it less).


Who pays the bills? Alisa. Nate reminds and advises and asks how much money we have.


Who sleeps in the right side? Looking at the bed: me

Who mows the lawn? We both really like to. Nate used to own a lawnmowing business, so he usually does the edge trimming, but I really like to so I don't let him have all the fun!

Who cooks dinner? Usually me. Occasionally when I'm sleeping on Sunday and he's starving, Nate will make something. He's a much better cook though. If he had more time, I think he would more. He actually wants to send me to culinary school someday....That shows what kind of cook I am.

Who drives? Either.
Depends on who wants to.

Who is more stubborn? Define stubborn - less willing to give in to views that are not his own? Nate. Actually any way you define it, it's Nate.

Who kissed who first? Nate kissed me first.

Who asked who out first? My mom asked Nate to take me out. Does that count? :) He got my number from my mom and asked me out first.


Who proposed? Nate, of course. And he did it one of the few ways I had always thought I wanted to be proposed to. How did he know? :)


Who has more friends? Definitely Nate. His friends have become my friends and that's about all I have (that we spend time with).


Who is more sensitive? Definitely me. I'm getting better at not getting offended, though.


Who has more siblings? Me by 2.


Who wears the pants? Nate does, but I give advice and make suggestions, which he's great about listening to.

5 comments:

D/E G said...

I thought I'd better comment on this post since you're getting too many on your others. Phheww! See, you don't have to have kids to have a great blog. Thanks for the fun reads!

Melissa said...

what a cute blog! I really don't know your hubby very well, so it was fun to get to know him. :)

Adam said...

Oooh. Your friends sound dreamy. Tell us more about them! <3

Amy said...

Ok, I just read your comment...so now that you have insurance, do you have something to announce?? Haha... Hope you guys are doing great!

Alisa F. said...

No no Amy, I just started the job - insurance doesn't kick in for a couple of months.... :) Don't worry - I'll let you know. ;)